RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 06:16:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005287 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3840 on: February 05, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »

Started Jeanne D'Arc over last night. Ugh. I'm almost back to where I was originally.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3841 on: February 05, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »

Started playing Meteos again.
I have pretty much already beat it, now i am working on getting all 12 endings and unlocking a couple more songs.

And played a litle more SNK Capcom card thing

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3842 on: February 06, 2009, 08:28:23 AM »

DL'd and played the Halo Wars demo. Pretty sweet! Cool I'm glad I reserved it. Very user-friendly.

And who knows, it actually may inspire me to start playing some of the other console RTS's I own (LOTR:BFME2, C&C3).  Roll Eyes

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3843 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »

C&C 3 on the 360 was decent(what i played of it) but i had played it on PC first so i may have been tainted my the mouse keyboard combo...

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3844 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:43 AM »

Burnout Paradise on the PS3. Criterion issued a patch the other day which pretty much changed the entire game. They added a main menu instead of taking you directly into the game, tweaked the color scheme of the UI, enhanced the game's graphics, tuned the difficulty, changed the stats of some cars, added an in-game store, added an in-game web browser that takes you to the new Burnout Paradise Network website, and hell they even changed the Criterion Games logo video. Not sure all these changes are for the better, but it should help out newcomers to the game.

Oh yeah, if you have the PS3 version,  go to this site and upload your save game file. It will show you what you're missing on a map of Paradise City:
http://www.burnoutteamrocks.com/

It's an official site made by Criterion Games and linked to on their website. Sorry 360 owners, but it only works with PS3 game saves.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:25:02 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3845 on: February 07, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »

^ It's amazing how Criterion takes care of its customers as much as they do.

The game was released a year ago and they're still providing new content for it. One word: respect.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3846 on: February 07, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »

^Anyone get the Burnout Paradise "Party Pack"? Also, is the game pretty good overall?

Played some Halo 3 games with den68 online last night and surprisingly got a couple of achievements. Cool

Also testing my copy of Stranglehold Collector's Edition, which I bought earlier in the day for $8.68 @ EBGames (it's one of the used game deals of the week), worked fine. And it's surprisingly entertaining. Couldn't go wrong for the price.

And played through a Skirmish on Normal Difficulty in the Halo Wars Demo. Won that with the UNSC(?) side. Next I've got to try the Covenant side. This game is going to be sweet! Cool

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3847 on: February 07, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

Burnout Paradise is amazing, especially if you liked the previous titles. Best game in the series by far, in my opinion.

Tell me about your variants...
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3848 on: February 07, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »

The end of No Mercy is freaking impossible. Everytime we're doing fine until the tanks come and we have to leave the safe room and people either get pinned somewhere stupid or punted off the rooftop. I guess a strategy could work; but who wants to think?

If all else fails, use the Jesus room. Youtube it if you don't know what I'm talking about, because it's better to actually see where it is than for me to try and explain it.

Definitely take advantage of the glitches before they get patched up.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3849 on: February 07, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »

The game was released a year ago and they're still providing new content for it. One word: respect.
And until now, ALL of it has been free. They've already announced two car packs and a new island area that's about the size of downtown area as DLC.

^Anyone get the Burnout Paradise "Party Pack"? Also, is the game pretty good overall
I have not bought the party pack since I don't play offline multiplayer very much, but from what I understand, it's basically the online freeburn challenges adapted into a party game format. That could actually be pretty awesome.

As for if Burnout Paradise is a good game? Well, I've played it for over 25 hours and have almost all the trophies, and I'm nowhere near bored with it. It's only $20 now and you get SOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Definitely worth getting.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3850 on: February 07, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

I have 50 hours logged in it, and I STILL have stuff to do.  I need a few trophies, but I have all the smashes, jumps, and billboards.  When I found that game save upload site, it was MUCH easier to get the last few jumps, etc. I needed
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3851 on: February 08, 2009, 08:11:29 AM »

Played some XIII last night. I don't know how I missed this game last generation.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3852 on: February 08, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »

Started playing Fallout 3. So far I've made it to Megaton.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3853 on: February 08, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »

Played some XIII last night. I don't know how I missed this game last generation.

It is a good game.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #3854 on: February 08, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »

Started playing Prince of Persia today (360). This game is really good. I am hooked after only the 1st 30 min. Played it for about an hour.

Yesterday i finally played Spike McFang. The game is really really good.

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length