RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 09:15:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 995586 times)
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3015 on: August 12, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »

Yeah well I did that with England and also gave them Mass Production for modern infantry to fight Japan. Then 5 turns later they sign a peace treaty and have the infantry armies almost take over two of my biggest cities.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3016 on: August 12, 2008, 12:30:57 PM »

I'm finding that the higher the difficulty you play, the faster you have to commit to focusing on one type of win and on all the bonuses that would help you attain it the fastest.

I.e. If someone's out-teching you early and you can't buy into it or catch them, then you gotta go cultural or economic and stick with it. If cultural, get Ceremonial Burial and Religion and build up the Temples/Cathedrals. If economic, try to get to 250 gold to get Currency for free; if you're too far away, though, research it and Banking to get to build your markets and banks. It seems that you need to make your decision about 1600-1800AD, if not earlier.

BTW, domination wins on higher levels are rare. However, there are cultures that are better suited for this type of win than others (i.e. Zulu, Aztec, Germany).

Any way you go about it, though, population increase and high production capabilities are essential. Never underestimate the free buildings that you can get from Construction (Workshop) or Code of Laws (Trading Post) if you get them first and have the applicable resource squares to utilize them.

...and I'd never give Mass Production to anyone unless I KNOW I'm 5 turns away from a certain win. Grin

It's definitely a challenge, but every win feels well-earned! Cool
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:35:26 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3017 on: August 12, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »

Today I played the games I bought at the flea market (well, I played the SNES games today), some first impressions:

Super Mario World: It's great.
Flashback: Looks interesting.
Mario Paint: Damn, I need to get the SNES mouse.
Aero The Acro-bat: Seems like a Sonic rip-off, but was decent.
The Incredible Crash Dummies: Pretty dull-looking game, jumping seems awkward at first.
NBA Live '96: Quite fun to play, even today. I never really was into sport games, so I should get one of the newer editions to compare.
Lemmings: It's Lemmings!!!  Cheesy
Tintin in Tibet: Quite hard, I got hit by the kids all the time.
Super Hockey: a 3D hockey game, it's a bit strange how the camera moves when you're attacking VS when you're defending.
NHLPA Hockey '93: The ice is blue! Shocked
Cliffhanger: Stallone moves slow and it's hard not to get hit. Spinkick seems to be your best option. Or throwing the knife.
Cutthroat Island: Seems a bit lame, couldn't get past the guy with the lance.
NHL '96: Best of the 3 Hockey games I played Tongue
Kick Off 3: European Challenge: It's soccer & I don't like soccer all that much Wink

Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3018 on: August 12, 2008, 04:58:45 PM »

Are American SNES mouses compatible with a PAL SNES? Because if they are I'd give you mine.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3019 on: August 12, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »

Are American SNES mouses compatible with a PAL SNES? Because if they are I'd give you mine.

I think they are. They have the same ports as each other, and the controllers work on either console. So probably... Anyone know for sure?

Tell me about your variants...
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #3020 on: August 12, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »

i've been playing some mario kart wii online.

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3021 on: August 13, 2008, 12:47:09 AM »

Just started Madden 07. 
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3022 on: August 13, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »

FINALLY wrapped up Call of Duty 4.
Did you like it?
I really did. Quite a fun game, however I HATED the infinite respawn BS.

It's only like a four hour game Tongue
Not when you suck ass at it. Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3023 on: August 13, 2008, 01:12:31 PM »

SMCR.

Tan
« Reply #3024 on: August 13, 2008, 01:18:08 PM »

Playing Two Worlds again. Thought I'd give it a go before the second one comes out hopefully next month and nab those last two achievements that were fixed so I'd have 1000/1000. So far I have everything north of the river mapped out, something like 40 hours and 450-500 km of character walking/riding. I suspect it'll take another 20 or so to map out the bottom half. Tongue
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3025 on: August 13, 2008, 01:23:01 PM »

More Soul Calibur IV and Final Fantasy IV.  I just got Rydia back and I need to train her a bit. In Soul Calibur I've been practicing with Zasalamel, I've never been great at fighting games so it takes me quite a while to get the timing of all his moves down.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3026 on: August 13, 2008, 06:06:44 PM »

Did some more Gran Turismo 4. Did the first event of the European events, aswell as Zwartswald A and B. They were all pretty doable. I used the BMW M3 Race Car I won in Zwartswald B to do that first event (think it's called "pan-euro cup" or something like that)

Also did the "club M" event with that same car, was a pushover with such a fast car Tongue
Then I bought an Audi TT Quatro 3.2 and did Tourist Trophy

I'm at 41.9% now and am really going to stop at 50%. Gran Turismo is the kind of game you can keep on playing forever and I don't want to do that because I have too many games waiting in line, itching to be played Wink
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3027 on: August 13, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »

I brought my slim PS2 with a Joytech 8" screen with me to New Zealand. I finally got round to playing on it today. I played Destroy All Humans! but accidentally deleted my previous save file. It doesn't matter too much because I had forgotten how to play it.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3028 on: August 14, 2008, 03:52:15 AM »

Just played (for the first time in like 12 years) and beat Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers on the NES with my room mate tonight.

Tan
« Reply #3029 on: August 15, 2008, 01:42:24 AM »

Playing Two Worlds again. Thought I'd give it a go before the second one comes out hopefully next month and nab those last two achievements that were fixed so I'd have 1000/1000. So far I have everything north of the river mapped out, something like 40 hours and 450-500 km of character walking/riding. I suspect it'll take another 20 or so to map out the bottom half. Tongue

I was way off, took 40-ish hours in total to grab those last two achievements. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length