RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 05:24:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 995781 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2910 on: July 24, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »

Tetris DS is addictive, but I really need to read my biology book! (Goes back to Tetris DS)  Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2911 on: July 24, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »

Got Izuna 2 and Final Fantasy 4 today, gonna start both. Smiley On an angry note I didn't get the poster with Izuna.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2912 on: July 25, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

Star Wars: Republic Commando.

Figured out that if I want to survive I need to actually use my squad, unlike Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. Fun now, I can tell them to do the dirty work and just sit back and take pot-shots.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2913 on: July 26, 2008, 04:34:10 AM »

Yesterday I played some Gran Turismo 4 and realised those graphics are more than enough for me. Don't need a next-gen console just yet Smiley

Also, I've made the decision to buy a new TV (I'm thinking 32-37 inches) for in my room. I don't have the money for that just yet, so it'll probably only happen around this time next year. That's a good thing though, because by then, the type of TV I want will have fallen into the €800-900 (I hope) price range.
I'm thinking of getting maybe a Sony (only Sony seems to have Full HD on the smaller TV's) like this: http://www.sony.co.uk/pro...ony-bravia-tv/kdl-32w4000

It also has a lot connectors to hook up as many consoles as possible Smiley
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2914 on: July 26, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »

I've been playing loads of Civilization 3.

My current game is as the Romans. I can't remember how to view the demographics in Civ3 but I think I'm somewhere near the top of the 6 remaining civilsations. I wiped out the Egyptians fairly early in the game and I've just culled the Carthaginians. Grin Now I'm just advancing the Romans to get ahead a bit and build another super army. The Indians and Mayans are getting on my nerves so I see another genocide coming on. They keep coming into my land with settlers, then building cities right on the edge of my borders so they take my land. Sad
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2915 on: July 26, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »

I was wondering, what version of civilization should I get for my Mac? They have 2, 3, and 4. Is 3 better than 4? Thanks for any hints!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2916 on: July 26, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »

Civ Rev.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2917 on: July 26, 2008, 02:16:22 PM »

Civ Rev.

Civ Rev. isn't out for the mac, and I don't have a 360 or PS3

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2918 on: July 26, 2008, 02:17:12 PM »

I was wondering, what version of civilization should I get for my Mac? They have 2, 3, and 4. Is 3 better than 4? Thanks for any hints!

I couldn't get in to 4, and 2 is too outdated to be any good these days. 3 is a good mix of the two.

Edit: Actually, if there's a Civilization Chronicles for Mac, then I would go with that one. It's all four of the Civilization games and doesn't cost much more than 3 on its own.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:29:11 PM by James » Logged
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2919 on: July 27, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »

More Civ3. I thought I was doing well but then the French came into my land one time too many. I told them to go away again so they declared war. Sad It turned out they were about equal in military power. Undecided But then I found out I can change to War mode, where military units take advantage over civil buildings. Cheesy So I built up a big army and started beating France back with bomber planes. And then they got India into it. >_< But India only had elephants, so I made peace with France and started an Indian genocide. Cheesy The bomber planes helped a lot with that.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2920 on: July 27, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »

More Civ3. I thought I was doing well but then the French came into my land one time too many. I told them to go away again so they declared war. Sad It turned out they were about equal in military power. Undecided But then I found out I can change to War mode, where military units take advantage over civil buildings. Cheesy So I built up a big army and started beating France back with bomber planes. And then they got India into it. >_< But India only had elephants, so I made peace with France and started an Indian genocide. Cheesy The bomber planes helped a lot with that.

Damn, I want to play soooooo bad!! Has anyone heard of Seven Kingdoms II? It's like a watered down version of Civilization, and I used to be addicted to that. Tried playing yesterday and I Sucked. Oh well, I played Civ Rev Demo at Feechy's house, and it was fun.

Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2921 on: July 27, 2008, 10:05:27 PM »

I got Civ Rev today, just beat Warlord with Romans in a Cultural victory. And now I started another game as the Spanish on Warlord. Fun stuff.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2922 on: July 27, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »

I got Civ Rev today, just beat Warlord with Romans in a Cultural victory. And now I started another game as the Spanish on Warlord. Fun stuff.

Lucky bastard... I shall seek me REVENGE!!! (by getting civ 3 after Atlanta)

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2923 on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:12 AM »

I thought about getting a Civ game...but then I just played some Total War and felt satiated.

Also got SWAT 4, which is good if not a bit repetitive. Also kinda sucks having to be a cop, I just want to kill everything, not worry about them shooting first and all that jazz.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2924 on: July 28, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »

Played a few hours of Gears of War.

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length