RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 02:50:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 990885 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1950 on: September 25, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

Finished Halo 3 (Normal) around 8:30 AM with my bro

So it's only like a 7 hour campaign?

Disappointing.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1951 on: September 25, 2007, 12:03:17 PM »

Super Rub-A-Dub=The Shit.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1952 on: September 25, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »

Played some Pogo last night.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1953 on: September 25, 2007, 11:00:24 PM »

I'm playing skate on the PS Triple right now...

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1954 on: September 26, 2007, 04:10:47 AM »

I've been playing Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy X on the PS2. Now I just need to know, Does the PS2 have any good RPG's? Those three are terrible.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1955 on: September 26, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »

Played around with the Forge on Halo 3 last night...OMG!

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1956 on: September 26, 2007, 01:07:51 PM »

Played around with the Forge on Halo 3 last night...OMG!
Is that the map editor? I heard it's supposed to be the most robust for any console game to date.

Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1957 on: September 26, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »

^It's very robust. And I was quite surprised that it's an actual gametype in and of itself.

You can edit the content (weapons, items, vehicles, spawn points, objects, etc) of any multiplayer map. However, you can't edit the terrain itself or any of the "large features" (like buildings).

It would be sweet if you could create a whole map from scratch (like Far Cry: Instincts and FC:IE), but what Forge lacks in this aspect of map editing, it more than makes up for in it's flexibility to manipulate the template environments.

For example, you can have an object fall out of the sky as opposed to be setting on the ground; choose the object's respawn time (I hear, but haven't tried in practice), and do so in a competitive game in and of itself. So if I wanted to drop a tank on someone's head, I could do it...in real time. 

I'm going to tinker with it some more tonight. Cool

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1958 on: September 26, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »

For example, you can have an object fall out of the sky as opposed to be setting on the ground; choose the object's respawn time (I hear, but haven't tried in practice), and do so in a competitive game in and of itself. So if I wanted to drop a tank on someone's head, I could do it...in real time.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's absolutely incredible. I could see having so much fun with that. Sounds kind of like LittleBigPlanet in a way, dropping stuff into the environment in real time. I'm sure it's nothing new, but fun stuff nonetheless.

Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1959 on: September 26, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1960 on: September 26, 2007, 09:42:38 PM »

More of the Forge map editor.

Discovered that there's also a new game type called Infestation. It's a 3 round game where a certain # of players start as Humans and others start as Infected "zombies". The zombies start with the energy sword (unlimited power) as their default weapon and cannot pick up other weapons or ride vehicles in the game. They are also a little faster and can jump higher.

Humans have the advantages of being able to pick up weapons and ride in vehicles, but once they're killed by a zombie, they...obvously *become* a zombie as well. Each round ends when the humans are all zombified, the last uninfected human getting points (if set up in the scoring section) for being the last man standing. Further, the parameters can be changed to give the zombies more of an advantage if desired.

Tan
« Reply #1961 on: September 26, 2007, 11:31:13 PM »

There's a Perfect Dark Zero multiplayer game type similar to that called Infection. Different tactics and strategies to win depending on what team your on.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1962 on: September 27, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »

More of the Forge map editor.

Discovered that there's also a new game type called Infestation. It's a 3 round game where a certain # of players start as Humans and others start as Infected "zombies". The zombies start with the energy sword (unlimited power) as their default weapon and cannot pick up other weapons or ride vehicles in the game. They are also a little faster and can jump higher.

Humans have the advantages of being able to pick up weapons and ride in vehicles, but once they're killed by a zombie, they...obvously *become* a zombie as well. Each round ends when the humans are all zombified, the last uninfected human getting points (if set up in the scoring section) for being the last man standing. Further, the parameters can be changed to give the zombies more of an advantage if desired.

Thats cool that they took a hint from Halo 2 that people loved playing Zombies and expanded it.
I was glad to see when they added SWAT way back when.

Still debating on buying Halo 3 Legendary off the interwebs....

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1963 on: September 27, 2007, 02:40:55 AM »

maybe I should upload more pics in the DB entry then...

still been playing the same game...

in two days online I've seen no teabags....

it's thinking
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1964 on: September 27, 2007, 02:57:34 AM »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Still that and I am pissed at it right now.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length