RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:28:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 989496 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1740 on: July 16, 2007, 02:39:19 PM »

Finished Act 3 of Gears. That was short. It had a not very surprising twist which actually surprised me because I had no idea why I was planting the resonator in the first place.

Edit: More Gears of War this morning. I do like this game but it really annoys me sometimes. I've sailed through some of Act 4 up to a point with Troikas and I decided I couldn't be bothered doing the last section again to get to these Troikas. I only died once at that point but I decided it was time for a break.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:53:16 AM by James » Logged
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1741 on: July 17, 2007, 09:21:15 AM »

More PSU on the 360.

Recently, I found 3 high ranking weapons boards. 1 person in my group is depressed that he never finds anything.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 02:36:19 PM by captain_nintendo » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1742 on: July 17, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »

Umm all those pics are the same.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1743 on: July 19, 2007, 09:15:09 AM »

Played a couple of XBLA demos, Yie Ar Kung Fu and Bomberman LIVE.

Yie Ar seems true to the arcade game; however, it's not a game I'd really get into. Bomberman LIVE looks really good! It seems to be an excellent party-type game, on or offline.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1744 on: July 19, 2007, 09:30:50 AM »

It seems to be an excellent party-type game, on or offline.

Haha, online parties.

I finished Act 4 of Gears of War yesterday. It had better have a good ending. (Don't tell me) I expect they win the day for the entire human race.

Edit: I found out I can play my PSX games on my PC. I know about emulation, of course, but I didn't know you could play original games with it. Road Rash kept freezing every now and then while it loaded from the CD, so I'm trying to rip it to the hard drive. Hopefully load times will be better that way.

I could just play them on the proper hardware but my PSOne isn't hooked up and my PS2 has been making some worrying noises for a while. And it started as just an experimentation anyway.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:03:03 AM by James » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1745 on: July 19, 2007, 10:49:34 AM »

I finished Act 4 of Gears of War yesterday. It had better have a good ending. (Don't tell me) I expect they win the day for the entire human race.

Without giving anything away, when you finish it keep in mind that Gears is intended to be a trilogy. BTW, the end boss battle is a m-f'er! Good luck. Cool

Tan
« Reply #1746 on: July 19, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »

Haha, online parties.

Edit: I found out I can play my PSX games on my PC. I know about emulation, of course, but I didn't know you could play original games with it. Road Rash kept freezing every now and then while it loaded from the CD, so I'm trying to rip it to the hard drive. Hopefully load times will be better that way.

I could just play them on the proper hardware but my PSOne isn't hooked up and my PS2 has been making some worrying noises for a while. And it started as just an experimentation anyway.

What emu are you using?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1747 on: July 19, 2007, 12:55:03 PM »

BTW, the end boss battle is a m-f'er! Good luck. Cool

I see what you mean. Do I need to shoot Raam while the kryll are away from him? That seems easy, except I get killed every time I try to run away from him. I've tried lots of times now. I bet if I go back to it after tea I'll do it first time.

What emu are you using?

ePSXe
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1748 on: July 19, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »

I tried Ninety Nine Nights on the 360 yesterday. It is a Dynasty Warriors type game. It is pretty looking but not that fun to me. I will play it some more to give it a fair shake.

Tan
« Reply #1749 on: July 19, 2007, 02:00:37 PM »

This one here is quite good as well, and much easier to use. Makes a good alternative if the ePSXe compatibility isn't so great on a particular game. Also works great with dual analog PC gamespads or PSX to USB adapters.

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1750 on: July 19, 2007, 02:42:44 PM »

I tried Gazaxian yesterday but I didn't like it as much as ePSXe. Personal preferences, I suppose. Road Rash has some bugs in ePSXe, like backgrounds not loading in the menus. I'll give Gazaxian another go later.

I was right about coming back to Gears of War after dinner. It took three attempts in the end to beat Raam. Overall a very good game with some minor flaws... Mainly having some extremely frustrating bits, textures not fully loading for a while, and a kind of clunky cover system. It was annoying when I was "locked" to a wall and couldn't go through the door, or go round a corner. It meant I had to break my cover and attach myself to the wall again.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1751 on: July 19, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »

I was right about coming back to Gears of War after dinner. It took three attempts in the end to beat Raam. Overall a very good game with some minor flaws... Mainly having some extremely frustrating bits, textures not fully loading for a while, and a kind of clunky cover system. It was annoying when I was "locked" to a wall and couldn't go through the door, or go round a corner. It meant I had to break my cover and attach myself to the wall again.

Hmmm...never had any of the problems you mentioned. The cover system takes a little getting used to, but it's designed not to be a "run and gun".

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1752 on: July 21, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »

Offline multiplayer for Halo 2, Far Cry, and Godzilla: Save the Earth.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1753 on: July 21, 2007, 12:32:38 PM »

I started up on Viva Pinata again this afternoon.

I sold off most of my pinatas and got the 25,000 chocolate coins achievement and some other achievement for something else. It's going much smoother now that it's not so crowded. Smoother as in the pinatas aren't always fighting, and it's just more streamlined. I found out a quick way to make money is to plant a bunch of tulip seeds, give them a dose of purple fertiliser (maybe two but I haven't tried that much) then sell the double flowers for 300 coins each. If you plant them in a hole they grow over night.

I was getting a bit bored last time I played it because I was trying to do too much and I had too much crammed into my garden. That meant there was too much to concentrate on and not enough opportunity to advance.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1754 on: July 21, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »

This one here is quite good as well, and much easier to use. Makes a good alternative if the ePSXe compatibility isn't so great on a particular game. Also works great with dual analog PC gamespads or PSX to USB adapters.

Haha, online parties.

What emu are you using?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE ARE THE MODS?!?!?!

RFGENERATION.COM DOES NOT CONDONE THE USE OF EMULATORS OR ROMS AND IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ANY SUCH COMMUNITY MR. INTERWEB FBI INVESTIMINGATOR.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length