RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 05:31:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1007161 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1095 on: November 27, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

I'm addicted to Twilight Princess. It consumes my thoughts. I'm 15 hours in to the game, and I must keep playing. For anyone who is wondering I am currently in Zora's Domain about to... well, for the sake of keeping spoilers out of the fold I won't tell you where I am going, but yeah, Hyrule is huge.

Hello World.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1096 on: November 28, 2006, 04:22:09 PM »

I am also greatly addicted to Wii - The Legend of Zelda:  Twilight Princess......utterly amazing game...it has reestablished the Zelda franchise, especially after that piece of shit GCN Zelda game.....

But yea, im about 8-9 hours into TP....I'm just getting ready to work on Goron Mountain....I played the first room when I got there just to check it out, but I saved and turned it off to go to bed last night....now I'm at work until 8, so I don't know if I'll get to play tonight....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1097 on: November 28, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »

I am now 26 hours into Twilight Princess, uttlerly addicted still, and I really want to go home and play it since I am doing absolutely nothing at work. I'm at the Ice Temple, it's cool. Also, I thought Wind Waker was awesome, and I think Phantom Hourglass will kickass too.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1098 on: November 28, 2006, 04:36:07 PM »

You're as giddy as a schoolgirl. And now I need to watch The Last Crusade.

After conquering Europe as the English I was able to pick from a bunch more factions. So I picked the Scots, upped the difficulty level, and proceeded to demolish the jolly ol' English.

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1099 on: November 28, 2006, 05:05:47 PM »

I've been trying to finish the last race on PGR3 for all platinum for the last four or five days. It was a hot lap of the Nordhsleife, which would be either 6:15 for class A cars, 6:39 for class B, or 6:51 for class C. Whenever I was doing a good lap I would get a phone call from some random bastard just saying hello with nothing important to say. When I unpaused it I smacked into a wall and lost the lap by a few seconds. I tried over and over and over. Then I drove over to Cardiff and back, which took over four hours with a break. I tried one last time at midnight last night, and I beat the damn thing on my first try. And I by 7 seconds!

So now I just need 4 more achievements, one of which is supposed to be next to impossible.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1100 on: November 28, 2006, 06:56:57 PM »

That sounds like my destruction of the airsk8ing high score. I couldn't beat myself for weeks and then someone passed me up and then I doubled my score on the first try.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1101 on: November 28, 2006, 07:40:20 PM »

I've been trying to finish the last race on PGR3 for all platinum for the last four or five days. It was a hot lap of the Nordhsleife, which would be either 6:15 for class A cars, 6:39 for class B, or 6:51 for class C. Whenever I was doing a good lap I would get a phone call from some random bastard just saying hello with nothing important to say. When I unpaused it I smacked into a wall and lost the lap by a few seconds. I tried over and over and over. Then I drove over to Cardiff and back, which took over four hours with a break. I tried one last time at midnight last night, and I beat the damn thing on my first try. And I by 7 seconds!

So now I just need 4 more achievements, one of which is supposed to be next to impossible.

going back to some ridiculously hard part of a video game after taking a break from it is usually the best way to get past that part, in my experience....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1102 on: November 28, 2006, 11:24:45 PM »

Played a very little bit of the new Sonic the Hedgehog game.

I didn't get to do much in game playing more of the running around town part.
Which i thought was kinda shitty.
IMO not worth full price on the 360 :-/

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1103 on: November 30, 2006, 12:54:49 AM »

Tested out some recent purchases: CoD2, GRAW, and Tomb Raider Legend. All in working order.

Played the Lost Planet Multiplayer demo once. And it's excellent! I'll be going back to that again.

Played a little Gears, but couldn't get past the final area in act 3. I'll go back to it when I have more time.

And lastly, Marvel:Ultimate Alliance. Rented this one because I liked the X-men games and this one plays out very similarly. I'll wait awhile for the price to go down before buying. But it's definitely worth it. Played through to defeat the 1st big boss...Fin Fang Foom.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1104 on: December 03, 2006, 03:26:36 AM »

More Gears of War campaign. I'm at the final boss battle...and he's a BITCH to take down!

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #1105 on: December 03, 2006, 02:33:30 PM »

Recently I purchased Pokemon FireRed. Been playing that. Up to... 103 Pokemon in the National Dex, I believe. I've also resumed play of Children of Mana. Gotta beat it by year's end!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1106 on: December 03, 2006, 07:56:25 PM »

Played Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1107 on: December 03, 2006, 10:51:48 PM »

I beat Zelda, Twilight Princess. 40 Hours. Lot's of Fun. You should all buy it.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1108 on: December 03, 2006, 11:06:19 PM »

PSU PSU PSU

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1109 on: December 04, 2006, 01:04:27 AM »

Medieval 2: Total War

I just gloriously defeated a giant French army that outnumbered me two to one and had much better troops. It was like something out of the texbooks I tells ya.

It was a foggy day, my army had been pushed up against the sea and I was pissed because I thought I was going to lose. I put my spearmen, who were the only infantry I had, in front of my archers, put my cavalry at my flanks, and planned on playing defense and taking as many of the snail eating bastards with me as I could.

But then the first French army (the second one had to come up from the rear as re enforcements) made the mistake of sending all their projectile units too far ahead of their infantry. So, in response to this stupidity, I sent in two units of light cavalry and routed them back into their own lines. Then, as those routers disrupted their own lines, I charged  that line head on with my own infantry, I also ran all my crossbowmen at them too just to add an extra little push. I also managed to sneak my cavalry along both flanks of their army without them responding.

As the two infantry battle lines met I sent my cavalry straight into the French flanks and right away half the Frenchies freaked and ran for it just as the second French army arrived. This upset and disrupted the second army and slowed them down, which allowed me to completely destroy the first army's remaining pocket of resistance, at the center of which was the first army's general, whom I captured.

And then, right at the same moment as my screaming and blood drenched Scotsmen charged towards the disgruntled second army and what should have been their deaths, the trebuchet I had brought along to knock down walls in sieges, in a bout of extreme luck, randomly flattened the French king who was commanding that second army.

At this time the entire second French army decided to join the first army and run for it. My cavalry then had a lovely time chasing down as many of the frogs as they could.

In the end I lost 341 men and they lost 1200+

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length