RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 12:38:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Can't read latest posts........ 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Can't read latest posts........  (Read 5361 times)
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 02:05:23 AM »

<input type="hidden" name="subject0

That came up in a thread once it hit the length limit...don't know if it helps or not.

Sorry, would've edited the previous post, but it's already past the limit where i can see shit...
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 02:23:15 AM »

Looking like 6.0 to me...

Well the computer is...I think atleast 3 or 4 years old and it's whatever version of IE that came with it, unless it got updated in one of those automatic updates that computers do.  Honestly, I'm not really a computer saavy (sp.?) person so I have no idea...   laugh

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 02:24:30 AM »

Easier way...click "reply" at the top of the screen and read the posts on there...only shows the last ten though...

Ahh...ok.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 07:47:47 AM »

Also, seriously give firefox a try as a web browser. I used to think I.E. was great until Firefox saved me.  Smiley Of course I heard Opera is good as well. But then again I dont know if either of these will indeed fix your issue. Undecided

P.S. Firefox is free!!!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 08:32:08 AM »

When you have Internet Explorer open click on Help at the top and then click About Internet Explorer. That will tell you the version.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 10:12:22 AM »

I'm still at a loss. How many replies are you seeing when this occurs. There should be 25 posts per page (First Post + 24 Replies on First Page) Again, a screenshot of this would be very helpful in figuring out what is occurring. Also, if anything strange is occurring during these hiccups please let me know. Is there a parse error? Is code being shown that should be hidden? Has this been occurring since the switch to SMF, or is more recent? If any of these are a yes, let me know, as I really can't pin point a problem like this with the information I currently have. 

Hello World.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 10:46:04 AM »

Dave, what Wizard-666 wrote is what it says instead of showing the next post. It happens after about 6 or 7 replies. I can't do a print screen as Im not on that computer and this one works fine. I'll try and do it later if I can get on the laptop. I wasn't going to go on it tonight as it's at my mums house and I was going to go to my house and finish sanding the stair case., but I'll have a go.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 11:13:53 AM »

Ok, so I merged the two topics involving this, so the posts may look out of sync. Sorry, first time we've actually attempted to merge threads.

But I really, really, really really need to see the gobbledygook code that people are claiming to see. I am not having this occur, so I can't determine what is going on with this.

I also need to know how long this has been occurring. It could be a problem with a mod, but I can not be certain until I have an indication of when this began to occur.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:17:13 AM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 04:49:53 PM »

Right, I can't to a screen dump with the forums frozen as it turns out the laptop has no image software installed on it. Would either Kevincal or the_Wizard_666 be able to do one and upload it on to this thread for Dave to have a look at, please.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »

Forums... frozen? If you can't scroll IE that would imply that data from the forum is still downloading from the server. IE shows partial pages even if the rest of the page has not been downloaded, and your copy of IE could be stopping the reply before the entire page is downloaded.

Hello World.
Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »

When you have Internet Explorer open click on Help at the top and then click About Internet Explorer. That will tell you the version.

Ah...I see I have version 6.0.  Thanks.

Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 05:19:32 PM »

I'm still at a loss. How many replies are you seeing when this occurs. There should be 25 posts per page (First Post + 24 Replies on First Page) Again, a screenshot of this would be very helpful in figuring out what is occurring. Also, if anything strange is occurring during these hiccups please let me know. Is there a parse error? Is code being shown that should be hidden? Has this been occurring since the switch to SMF, or is more recent? If any of these are a yes, let me know, as I really can't pin point a problem like this with the information I currently have. 

I'm only getting about 7 posts per page for any topic.  At the bottom of the page in this thread in particular, this is what's there.   

<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0

And other times there is different code and/or the last post at the bottom will have no text.  It seems this has started occuring after the switch to SMF.  Also in another topic I tried to quote someone and It wasn't letting me.  But then in this topic it worked ok.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:24:57 PM by Kevincal » Logged

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »

Next time it happens, send me the source for the page. For IE, this is done by View->Source.
My email is dmurnan@rfgeneration.com, don't post the source to this thread, it will be rather large and the forum will not let it be posted.

Hello World.
Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »

Here's another sample of the type of code I'm getting at the bottom:

<a href="http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/0

and another: 

<a href="http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/inde0

I'll go ahead and send you the source as well.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length