RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 05:25:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | End of Manci Games 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: End of Manci Games  (Read 8791 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: June 09, 2004, 02:10:27 AM »

I know this is kind of old news, but for any of you who haven't heard, Manci Games recently announced that they will no longer be publishing their magazine due to lack of a big enough market.

I subscribed as soon as I heard they were publishing a retro-gaming mag, and it was really good for the two issues that it lasted.  The first issue needed some work, but for a first issue, I was very impressed.  The second issue was twice as good, and it's really a shame that they went the way of so many other classic gaming mags.

They did say that they will be announcing some new project soon, though, so I'm anxious to hear what that will be.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 08:13:11 AM »

God Damn it!  I was going to order a subscription today too!  Of all the f*ck*ng luck!!!
:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
digitalpress
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 10:25:02 AM »

As part of the Manci staff, I was disappionted that the mag folded so soon, but it was a great, fun 2 issues Smiley

I'm off to the next magazine project already, you may want to check out Video Game Collector (http://www.vgcollector.com) . There are distinct differences between the two magazines. VG Collector has a huge distribution potential, as they've been picked up by Diamond (comic book fans should be familiar with Diamond), the mag will also appear in all Virgin Megastores, Rhino Video stores (which was recently purchased by Blockbuster Video) and more in the works. It's also a quarterly publication, and the editor-in-chief is none other than my buddy Zach Meston, who has been a gaming journalist for many many years.

There's no keeping the rise of classic gaming down!

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 09:33:13 PM »

Well, there's not *too* much infor about Video Game Collector on their website, but I do like what I see.  It seems to make a lot more sense to me to put out a quarterly mag like this, because at this point, I just don't think the market can support a monthly retro-gaming magazine (and so many folded magazines have proven this).  I'm sure I'll be subscribing to this one as well, and I can't wait till the first issue comes out!

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 12:02:17 AM »

there is a mag in the UK called Retro Gamer it's on issue 4 now, it's sold in most good shops, I haven't bought it though.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 04:55:30 AM »

Yeah I have heard of that mag, and if I ever see it in Borders or Barnes & Noble, will be sure to pick it up...  though the ones around here don't seem to carry it.  From what I hear, it's pretty good.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »

http://www.vgcollector.com/

EDIT
HEY!
Didn't we used to have a banner on there?

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »

Its already no longer the newest thing on the blogs Wink

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

VGC is a great magazine, I just wish they'd make it bi-monthy.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »

I wanted to get a sub but outside of the few i won(i don't remember where or how...) i never ended up getting one.

This and T&T are the only mags i would like to own every copy of. (In reality this is a lie. There are a bunch of mags i would like to have)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length