RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 10:16:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Phantasy Star Universe 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe  (Read 9177 times)
JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:47:13 AM »

I can't wait for this game.  I was just looking at some E3 material and reaffirmed my hype for it.  I just can't wait for a release date!

I did a quick search on here and saw that some others are anticipating this title as well.  Anyone planning on playing online?  

I played the original Dreamcast PSO games to death online (about 1500 hours between the two), and dabbled a bit on Episode 1&2 and 3 on Gamecube (also online).  Hell, I even went as far as to set up a personal server at my home for use with the cube version.

Anyway, just wanted to rant about how much I'm looking forward to this one.

[img width=350 height=19]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/JLateralus.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:46:06 AM »

I can't wait for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is it being released on the 360? If it is a long time after the PS2 version I might get the PS2 version start to play then get the 360 version. The good thing is your characters can be moved to the different platform.

I have about 1200-1500 hours into the GameCube PSO 1&2. when PSO 3 was released it was a sad sad day for me. They took one of the best series in video games and made it a card game.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »

How is the PSO 1 and 2 on the xbox? I keep seeing it in the discount bins and keep passing on it because I'm just not into single-game monthly subscription fees. I don't mind a 1-time fee for additional content, but a $10+ surcharge/month just to play 1 game still irks me. Does it have an offline campaign?

I'm going to try to keep an open mind regarding PSUniverse, though.

JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »

I can't wait for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is it being released on the 360? If it is a long time after the PS2 version I might get the PS2 version start to play then get the 360 version. The good thing is your characters can be moved to the different platform.

I have about 1200-1500 hours into the GameCube PSO 1&2. when PSO 3 was released it was a sad sad day for me. They took one of the best series in video games and made it a card game.

I think that the 360 version of PSU is supposed to be released alongside the PS2 version, which was one of the reasons for the delays. Dammit, this is the game that is going to make me buy a 360.  :-/

Do you still play the GC version online?  If so, have you tried the "unofficial" servers?  They're kinda cool to mess around with, but are still in a stage of development.  

Like I said, I set up a server at my house and was able to play ultimate when I was level 30ish. Smiley  They're also starting to come up with fan made quests that  you can add on, in addition to all the official ones.  Supposedly it's also cross platform, being able to accomodate the Dreamcast versions, the GC versions, and the original PC version.  I haven't been able to try that out yet, as I'm the only one I know that still has an interest to play.

BAH!  Why did I bring this up?  It just makes me  remember how much I love PSO! Cheesy

JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:02:31 AM »

How is the PSO 1 and 2 on the xbox? I keep seeing it in the discount bins and keep passing on it because I'm just not into single-game monthly subscription fees. I don't mind a 1-time fee for additional content, but a $10+ surcharge/month just to play 1 game still irks me. Does it have an offline campaign?

I'm going to try to keep an open mind regarding PSUniverse, though.

PSOX is cool and the only version to support voice chat.  However, there is no sinle player campaign.  It all takes place on Xbox Live from what I understand.  Also, I'm not sure how many people still play it, which is also a factor.

I've been wanting to pick it up as a completist.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »

I am not sure if my account is still active. I havent tried any of the unofficial servers. I was into playing again but there is a guy online that likes to FSOD people and he burned me. I was so pissed I lost my Monkey King Bar and haevnt played since. That was 5-6 months agao I think. I think my top character is 174. I have 4-5 characters in the 100+ range.

If you want to play some time let me know. I will try the unofficial servers.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 03:41:50 PM »

Latest and greatest:

http://www.pso-world.com/...e3-2006-takao-miyoshi.php

JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 06:02:23 AM »

Good read. I can't wait for this game!

It just sucks that the PS2 and 360 versions are probably going to be sepearated.  I understood the limitations with PSO, mainly because the versions were all developed seperately.. but PSU has been in development concurrently for the platforms.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:19:13 AM »

DAMn I want this game!!!!!!

Thanks for the Phoenix.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 09:26:08 AM »

No problem. I found it while fishing around on www.teamxbox.com.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 10:47:05 AM »

This is so awesome!

I cant remember being this excited about a game... Not in a while anyhow. Smiley

360 = voice chat! No more typing Tongue , and that is exclusive to the 360 Wink

I cant wait to begin again.

blissfulnoise
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »

PSO on the Xbox had voice chat in your party too.

But, yeah, PSU  is one of my most anticipated games of 2006.  I'll see you all online!

"Be proud of what we make you do.", Master Shake, SGC2C: Baffler Meal
Zanicnight
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »

I a malso looking forward to this game I have it on pre-order.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 07:57:32 AM »

I a malso looking forward to this game I have it on pre-order.

I might pre order it, but I hvae noticed that Fry's Electronics sells 360 games for 10+ dollars cheaper on release week.
I'll wait and get it Smiley

JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »

I am not sure if my account is still active. I havent tried any of the unofficial servers. I was into playing again but there is a guy online that likes to FSOD people and he burned me. I was so pissed I lost my Monkey King Bar and haevnt played since. That was 5-6 months agao I think. I think my top character is 174. I have 4-5 characters in the 100+ range.

If you want to play some time let me know. I will try the unofficial servers.

Sorry for the delay in response, but I'd like to be able to play online with people now.  I finally moved into my new home and have started to set things up.  I now have a machine that is running as a dedicated server here, and one of the services that I'm running is a GC PSO server.  I haven't had anyone external connect to it yet, but I'd be more than happy to try it out so that any of you can use it at will.

PM me if you're interested.  You'd need a Gamecube, copy of PSO Ep 1&2 (or possibly Ep 3), and a network adapter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length