RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 12:18:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | The Terrible Two Contest! 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Terrible Two Contest!  (Read 7221 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:20:37 PM »

The Terrible Two Contest!

WIN COOL PRIZES!  BE THE ENVY OF YOUR FRIENDS!  USE YOUR CREATIVE GENIUS!  HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!*

Starting today, April 28, 2006, the second contest at RF Generation is officially open.  Should you win, you will be the lucky recipient of a magazine subscription** and one of two amazing things.*** The amazing things will be either a box of classic gaming magazines and strategy guides or a hodgepodge of classic games. You can decide whichever one suits your fancy!

To enter the contest, you must take a set of images and create the most unlikely video game event possible.  Mario killing Zelda in Hyrule, Iwata playing an Xbox 360, Microsoft buying Nintendo, just take a video game related photo and bring other elements of gaming into the photo, hopefully creating the best darn unlikely videogame event possible. USE YOUR IMAGINATION.  Text, drawings, photos, scans, etc. are all fair game.  Anything is.  The more creative you are, the better. And always, funny is always a good way to get votes.

Don't think you're good with a photo editor?  We don't care!  Print an image out, draw on it, and re-scan it.  Can't find the perfect image to modify on the internet? Take your own photograph and create something beautiful, or draw your own picture, scan your magazine ad from 1975, or just write me a love letter.  So long as your final product is an image file and video games are brought in the mix, we probably won't care.

Your entry can be funny, serious, heartbreaking, or if you are as monotone as myself, you could make it black and white.  Just be creative and have FUN.  Besides, there's FREE STUFF.

Final entries should be e-mailed as an attachment to contests@rfgeneration.com by June 1, 2006, at 12:00 AM EASTERN STANDARD.  That means the night of May 31th.  You'll have to do conversions to your time zone on your own.  Be sure to include your board username and a title for your entry in your e-mail. You may enter as many times as you like, however only one image from each member can be a finalist.  You may also post your entries AS ATTACHMENTS in this thread.  Again, post a title for each entry.  In order to be considered for the contest, your entry must be either A.) e-mailed to contests@rfgeneration.com or B.) posted in this thread as an attachment.  Images hosted on other sites will not be considered.  Staff and user submissions are both acceptable, but staff members are not elligible to win.  It'll just be more fun if we get more entries.

On June 1st or 2nd, the staff will privately select five finalists.  We will then open a public poll on the boards containing each of the five finalist images, along with corresponding usernames and titles.  You, the members of the board, and us, the staff of RF Generation, will then vote on a winner.  After one week, the person who receives the most votes will be declared the winner and arrangements for the prize will be made.****

A contest archive page will later be set up and all entries will be saved there permanently, including any entries not posted at the boards that are e-mailed to the contest e-mail address.  Names and titles will be posted here. Last year's entries can be viewed here and last year's finalists can be viewed here.

You MUST be a registered user to enter in the contest.  Tell your friends to register, because they can WIN some truly amazing prizes, for Christ's sake, and all it takes is a little bit of creativity and a photo editor.  That's pretty darn cool, if you ask me, and clearly I know what cool is.  

IT BEGINS NOW!

*Cake not supplied by RF Generation, though its staff and contributers will help you eat it.
**Subcription for one year only, not to exceed US$25. Subscription must be for a gaming magazine.
***This offer stands for U.S. and Canadian entries only.  Worldwide entries are welcome, and should a worldwide entry win, we will try in every way to get that person a fabulous and wonderful prize chosen especially for them.
****In the unlikely event of a tie, a runoff vote will occur. The entries involved in the tie will be voted on again, and hopefully after the second round of voting we will have a winner. If there still is not a winner, we will use a random number generator to determine the winner, after all, we are not the Vatican and we do not want the voting process to go on for months.

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 08:18:20 AM »

Don't worry about being out of th US/Canada.
It just means should everyone agree you were the best we are going to have to come up with an alternate plan Wink

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »

Examples of things that could possibly work:

Hello World.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 03:15:03 PM »

ya gotta love it when Mike had the Tom Selleck mustache.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 08:05:03 AM »

laugh

Den.... You rule rofl

And Happy Birthday to rfgeneration!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 12:39:15 PM »

c'mon gang! let's get some entries.

here's one i spent like 10 minutes on. it's easy, join the fun!

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 12:55:22 PM »

I'm working on one, but it's taking me a while...

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 12:57:09 PM »

I know Dan is working on at least one.

I saw its about 4-5 days ago.
By now it should be alot further along.

I am trying to come up with something i know i can do. And i will have the time to do.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »

Here is my unjudgeable entry, it's so ingenius... Nintendo would never christen a system with a name as lame as Wii!

Wait...

Hello World.
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 05:13:47 AM »

Here's my first try!

I'm not sure if it's what the contest is looking for, but I thought it'd be funny!

Ken
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 05:14:03 AM by Mezmoron » Logged

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:50 PM »

Mario and Sonic vacationing in Hyrule:

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:32 AM »

The Creation of Samus

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »

heh heh

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 12:35:24 PM »

Nice work.

We need more people to enter!

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »

The Creation of Samus

Nicely done man Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length