RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:23:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What kind of Collector are you? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: What kind of Collector are you?  (Read 13740 times)
DarthKur
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »

I'm truly obsessive compulsive so I tend to grab just about everything that catches my interest. I fully believe in redundancy so I like to be able to get extras of controllers, consoles, power adapters and certain favorite games just in case the main ones in current use stop functioning. I do this because I'm certain that in the next 20 - 60 years, assuming I live to be 100 Wink , certain items are bound to fail, if not everything. So it's good to have back-ups.
 Other than that I just really love to be surrounded by this stuff. Even the ones that I hardly ever touch or that are even broken, I just can't bare to part with any of it. It's comforting to just look at it all on a daily basis.

The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.
Tan
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »

I fully believe in redundancy so I like to be able to get extras of controllers, consoles, power adapters and certain favorite games just in case the main ones in current use stop functioning. I do this because I'm certain that in the next 20 - 60 years, assuming I live to be 100 Wink , certain items are bound to fail, if not everything. So it's good to have back-ups.

Amen to that.  nod
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2007, 08:17:33 AM »

I would say that I'm 18% collector and 82% gamer.

I enjoyed collecting when I first started last summer. The thrill of the hunt for hard to find games from second hand stores and yard sales. I first set out to collect a complete loose NES collection. It was a lot of fun and I got just over 300 games, but then realized over time that I was spending a lot of money on games that I didn't play. Also I play ROMs on my Xbox and Dreamcast. Money is another issue. I'm a full time student and Mr. Mom, I stay home and take care of my sons while my wife works full time. So I was spending what little spending money I had on games that I never played or I played a ROM of the games. By the end of 2006 I decided to sell/trade most of my NES collection, keeping only the games I really enjoyed playing, and go for the entire Dreamcast collection. But even with the Dreamcast I was buying games that I never played and now I'm selling/trading them as well. Now I only buy games that someone in my house wants to play. I'm keeping my favorite games from the NES, SNES, etc. and even buy CIB of my favorite old cartridge games. The Wii and the seven games I have for it, I got from trading and selling the old games I never played. Now I've been buying Xbox, PS2, and GC games that my sons or I want to play for very little money. Maybe one days, years from now, after I pay off school loans and buy a house I will become more of a collector, but for now I enjoy being mostly a gamer.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:22:30 AM by UNFORGIVINGPAIN » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length