RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 05:00:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Mass Effect from Bioware 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect from Bioware  (Read 12022 times)
Tan
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »

I got past the part with Fist by using Wrex and Garrus. Gotta use the squad commands.

That's the shady runt from the bar right? I found that a handful of grenades thrown from the door cleaned up the bar rather nicely, followed by slamming his face into a bulkhead just before I shot him execution style. Wink  evilhappy

The only time I use squad commands is when I want my teammates to stay behind me so I get to step into the action first. Tongue
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:15:30 PM by Tan » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »

The only time I use squad commands is when I want my teammates to stay behind me so I get to step into the action first. Tongue

I chose Vanguard as my class, so I'm kind of letting the others take fire first. I've been using the pistol more than anything else.

Stupid question: Anyone know how to melee? A lot of skills have melee bonuses but I haven't figured out how to use it in combat. Is it just a matter of not having your weapon drawn? But then they refer to having the ability to hit them with your weapon as well...?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:30:07 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tan
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 04:28:23 PM »

I chose Vanguard as my class, so I'm kind of letting the others take fire first. I've been using the pistol more than anything else.

Stupid question: Anyone know how to melee? A lot of skills have melee bonuses but I haven't figured out how to use it in combat. Is it just a matter of not having your weapon drawn? But then they refer to having the ability to hit them with your weapon as well...?

I chose Vanguard as well, I love me some shotgun action and Vanguards have the skill maxed out at default. My current shotgun runs 213 damage with a +25 because of hammerhead ammo @ 67 accuracy I believe. Wink
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »

^What about the melee? Have you ever used it in combat?

Tan
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 03:09:08 AM »

^What about the melee? Have you ever used it in combat?

Can't say I ever have. Though my guess would be clicking down on one of the thumbsticks perhaps?

Edit: Quoted from a developer on the official forums:

There's too methods you can use to trigger a melee attack:

1) Get to point blank range and pull the right trigger

2) Storm towards an enemy (hold A and push up on the movement stick) and you'll automatically melee him when you reach him.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 03:22:17 AM by Tan » Logged
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »

You automatically use melee when you press 'A' to run while you have your weapon drawn.  You will automatically bash whomever you come in contact with.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 12:56:59 AM »

^Cool. Thanks. Cool

Just got my specialization class. I chose Shock Trooper.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 11:45:01 AM »

@Tan, were you able to find all 21 keepers on the Citadel? I'm stuck on 19.

Tan
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »

Just finished beating the game for the first time, unbelievable experience. The last hour or so was "non-stop seat of the pants holy sweet fuck" moments. Shocked

The last two keepers were buggers, they move around a bit. If you keep checking everywhere from time to time they'll show up eventually. Oddly enough one of them was the very first one I had ever seen and didn't notice it was gone for the longest time.

Best game ending I've ever had the pleasure of. The cinematic experience was unlike anything a game has done before. Like going to a big budget sci-fi flick and when the action gets hairy they give you a controller and tell you to become the director. Hats off to BioWare, you've outdid yourselves with this one.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »

Congrats man. I think I'm roughly at the halfway point. I finished Feros and have rescued the doctor on Thelus (?) to add her to the team. Now I need to go back to Novaria (when I'm ready) and eventually Virmire. Tons of sidequest stuff to do before then, though.

2 things that slowed me down considerably (and probably why it's taking me so long) is that I tried going through Novaria too early on (before I had a health regen power up for my armor) and I didn't realize for hours (until I checked the instructions) that the Mako had a cannon on it. Doh! Tongue
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:58:03 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 02:45:00 AM »

I'm still stuck on Benezia.  The fucking bitch keeps kicking my ass.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 07:26:02 AM »

I've been leveling up before going to Novaria or Virmire. I'm at lev 33. Just finished the "destroy the Geth colonies" quest in the Armstrong Cluster.

Also unlocked the "Rich" Achievement last night by having a balance of over 1,000,000 credits.

Bioware was very smart to add the mechanic to liquify stuff into Omni-gel. That's been very useful in the Mako missions.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:14:05 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »

Tan, since you've finished the game already, were you able to unlock any of the "ally" achievements?

I just landed on Virmire as the last planet to visit (for me) and still need to go through that, but I've had Ashley in the squad for the bulk of play and haven't gotten the achievement yet.

Any idea on the requirements?

Tan
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »

I kept the same two human characters in my party throughout the game, with the exception of the character specific sidequests for Wrex, Liara and Garrus. Here's the achievements I got from my first playthrough:

Distinguished Service Medal
Complete Eden Prime

Spectre Inductee
Player is Spectre

Search and Rescue
Found Liara in Artemis Tau Cluster

Medal of Exploration
Land on an uncharted world

Rich
Exceed 1,000,000 Credits

Shotgun Expert
150 Shotgun Kills

Dog of War
150 organic enemy kills

Pistol Expert
150 Pistol Kills

Geth Hunter
250 synthetic enemy kills

Throw Mastery
Use biotic Throw 75 times

Medal of Heroism
Complete Feros

Sentinel Ally
Complete the majority of the game with the Alliance sentinel squad member

Completionist
Complete the majority of the game

Honorarium of Corporate Service
Complete Noveria

Assault Rifle Expert
150 Assault Rifle Kills

Renegade
75% of total Renegade points

Charismatic
Resolved impossible situation with Charm or Intimidate

Power Gamer
50th level character

Council Legion of Merit
Complete Virmire

Paramour
Complete romance subplot

Soldier Ally
Complete the majority of the game with the Alliance soldier squad member

Tactician
Complete playthrough with shield damage greater than health damage

Medal of Honor
Complete Mass Effect Playthrough
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 10:37:03 AM »

Crap. I didn't know that Liara had a sidequest. I probably picked her up too late in the game. Tongue

Oh well. Hopefully I'll have a chance to finish my 1st playthough this weekend and maybe start the 2nd. I know I'm going to approach the 2nd playthrough much differently than the 1st...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length