RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 02:23:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Playstation/Pepsi Sampler Disk 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Playstation/Pepsi Sampler Disk  (Read 869 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: January 21, 2006, 04:23:20 PM »

I found this at a Salvation Army today. Two actually. It's a PS1 demo disk from 1997. the disc has only one playable demo, Jet Moto 2 and 2 videos, one for Final Fantasy VII and the other is NCAA Gamebreaker 98.

the disc starts with a Pepsi commercial. it's when they were doing that Generation Next thing. then it switches to CG and you travel through this tunnel as game clips and Pepsi product fly by. then it zooms in on a Pepsi arcade cab that takes you to the menu screen.

the disc sleeve is back on white and just says Playstation/Pepsi Sampler Disk and has the Playstation and Pepsi logos. no other marking and the back is blank. it also does not list what demos are on the disc, nor does the disc itself. I bought both because I was curious to see if they had different demos on them. both ended up being the same.

does anyone remember this promotion or hoe these disks were distributed?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 04:25:03 PM by den68 » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 06:38:43 AM »

Hmmm, that sounds interesting.  I guess it's time to do some research.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length