RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2024, 05:20:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | Need Help 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 4166 times)
Doug
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:58:05 AM »

My brother has developed bone cancer on his right arm and i need some help.  Sence this happened he has almost lost all use of his hand, so I need some help finding the Ascii Grip V2 for the playstation 2, I thought sence there are so many people on this site and every one is so nice and helpful you could look for this for me around where you live,  I don't exspect it to be free so if you do find one for me I will pay you back or buy it from you.  I have paypal so i could send the money relitivly easy.  Thanks everyone I hope someone can help me out.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 09:43:19 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.  I hope you're able to find the controller you're looking for.

You've probably already checked eBay, but the original (for PS1, not PS2) ASCII Grip controller is available for $10 plus shipping.  Here is the auction.  The guy has five available.  You could also always e-mail him to see if he has the ASCII Grip 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plays...ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What is the difference between the PS1 and PS2 versions of the controller?  If it isn't major, perhaps the one in the auction above would work out for the time being?  I'll keep my eyes out for this thing when I go to local shops.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:52:51 AM »

Looks like you can also get the ASCII Grip from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exe...s=videogames&n=507846

doug
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »

Yeah i just got the one from Amazon for the PS1 but there is some of the games that need a PS2 controller
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »

oops I didnt relize that I was under a guest acount when I posted this

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »

oops I didnt relize that I was under a guest acount when I posted this

i didn't realize you could post as a guest. sorry to hear about your brother, i think its so kool that you are getting him a controller that he could use. have fun and game away. Smiley

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 01:01:54 PM »

Yes sorry about your brother.
Best wishes.
I didn't think i have ever seen that controller anywhere i go but if i see one i'll let you know and have them reserve it for me.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 01:20:41 PM »

Best wishes to your brother and family.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, hope everything works out.

I called into a shop near me that has access to a pretty large selection of gaming stuff, but they didn't have it. :-/  I'll keep my eye out, though.  Good luck with your search.

- Zac
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 10:44:46 PM »

Thank you all for you help and sympathy I really glad you are going to help me,  If anyone finds any other one handed controllers for PS2 let me know the Ascii one is the only one I found.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »

I just thought of something, if anyone has a fishing controller would you try it on other games to see if you could use that ,  I believe that they have all the buttons on them.  Let me know,  

Thanks Again

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 03:57:56 AM »

i don't have one to test, but i got this picture off of wal-mart.com. it does have all the buttons. i'll ask my brother if one of his friends have this.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 08:32:20 AM »

I just thought of something, if anyone has a fishing controller would you try it on other games to see if you could use that ,  I believe that they have all the buttons on them.  Let me know,  

Thanks Again

I think the fishing controller would work.

I know you can use it with Crazy Taxi.
Though i still think it would be hard to work one handed since it wasn't designed for that use.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 05:55:36 AM »

I don't know if any one will read this sence its an old post, but my little brother died yesterday Sad really no sence in looking anymore for the grip v.2 thank you all that was helping.  

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 06:37:07 AM »

my condolences for you and your family. he is in a great place now. sorry for your loss once again.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length