RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:21:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Recalled Xbox Titles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Recalled Xbox Titles  (Read 3664 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 12:11:11 PM »

Yea, that's the game.  I believe I read it was recalled for too much violence?  It did get good ratings, though.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 12:16:28 PM »

Toa Feng: Fist of the Lotus

I do not believe that was recalled.
Infact it got good ratings if memory serves.

I still need to pick that game up i <3 Tobias

I thought it got bad ratings? Damn now I need to go look. :-/

Well Gamespot has it at a 6.4 and IGN has it at  8.7 so I guess it did get good ratings.

Did the game bomb?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 12:18:56 PM by tynstar » Logged

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 01:01:16 PM »

I believe Tao Feng wasn't recalled, but there were quite a few rumors running around the web and at game stores that it was on the verge of being banned in the US, which it wasn't.  That's probably where the confusion is with Tao Feng.  Plus, nearly every game store I've been in lately has had Tao Feng.

Also, what I've been reading on the net and talking to people in the store, a cleaned-up re-release of Kakuto never actually happened.  I'm seeing alot of conflicting info on the status of Kakuto...probably best to visit Microsoft's website and see if there are any official press releases still out there from a few years ago when the game got yanked.

And to add more fuel to the "recalled/banned" rumor mill, what is this I'm hearing about Manhunt and Blitz: the League also being "banned?"  I think Manhunt was pulled from UK shelves but not US shelves, but I'm not sure.  I also think our good buddy Jack T. has his hands in it, too.

I think Blitz's controversial use of drugs and "easy" cheerleaders may be making people cry "banned" when it's actually not.

On a side note, I picked up Kakuto today at a pawn shop for $20...I'll see what all the fuss is about and if there truly are two versions. |D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:02:46 PM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 01:09:10 PM »

I know Manhunt for PS2 is still everywhere so i am going to guess Xbox version never got pulled.

As for Kakuto Chojin i was trying to find out info on that awhile ago.
MS did their best to eliminate all info of it from their site.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 01:39:52 PM »

As for Kakuto Chojin i was trying to find out info on that awhile ago.
MS did their best to eliminate all info of it from their site.

Wow...I see that!  Absolutely nothing on their site.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »

Even on the XBox sales training site the old test where removed. Are we sure this was ever a game.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:41:45 PM by tynstar » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 03:07:57 PM »

There is no spoon.....
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 06:20:39 PM »

On a side note, I picked up Kakuto today at a pawn shop for $20...I'll see what all the fuss is about and if there truly are two versions. |D

Well, I've played through the game and hear no chanting, speaking or whatever in the background music until I fought the end boss.  There was also some sort of chanting during the end credits, but the music is so quiet and the sound effects so loud that it's hard to hear if there's actually any chanting going on.  Guess the mystery continues....btw, I also picked up Barbie Horse Adventures for the Xbox and found it much more stimulating than Kakuto.  :-[

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »

btw, I also picked up Barbie Horse Adventures for the Xbox and found it much more stimulating than Kakuto.  :-[

Not only did you admit to buying this game but you admitted to PLAYING it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wink

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

Not only did you admit to buying this game but you admitted to PLAYING it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wink

Personally, I like picking Barbie's outfits before she heads out on the trail to rescue the wild horses.  And who could resist petting a 3D baby horse...and it gave me kisses, too!

My real name is Ken, btw. Wink
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 07:30:24 PM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length