RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:05:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Merry Christmas 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 6378 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 06:24:45 PM »

Not all but a good majority of collectors with the huge collections are in their late thirtys,40s and 50s

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »

I asked for a psp and a few games I mostly asked for dvd and Cd's this year. Oh and a wow I thought there were some old people on here but someone old enough to have a 16 year old kid I always assumed this was a younger crowd than that.

LOL, I suppose for a 16 - 20 year old, 30ish seems old  laugh

So much to learn still Wink  Tongue

Family now in town minus my brother who is still in Iraq. Still, having the niece and nefew around is fun.  Smiley

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 04:57:57 AM »

well Merry Christmas to your brother in Iraq. sucks to be away from family this time of year. I hope he stays safe.

we do have a broad range of ages here. from teens to 40 somethings. with the common ground we share you don't often notice the age descrepancy.

I did my shopping saturday and while I didn't spend much I did get my wife some nice things. I'm pretty excited to give her some of them. one thing I got her was Nintendogs for the DS.

so far we've got our daughter 2 GBA games. Disney Princes and Finding Nemo. I saw a few on that Toy R Us sale list that I'm going to try and pick up too.

and...

Merry Christmas from me too. I know "Happy Holidays" is a catch all phrase for the season and it is important to recognize Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and the other holidays but "Christmas" should not be a dirty word. I don't get that.

I saw a commercial the other day that had carolers singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" but they changed the words to "We Wish You a Happy Holiday". why? If you don't want to say Christmas use a different song.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 06:11:19 AM »

Wow!

Dennis the wise Tongue

Your right about the word "Christmas". I dont even think alot of people associate it with Christ anyhow?
Most people probably only think of the commercial aspect of  "Christmas"..... :-/

Anyhow, you are toatally right about the age gap here being a non factor, as it should be....IMO

About the only difference I can think of from a game player/ collector stand point is that some of us grew up through the "Atari age" and the glory days of the arcade.  Wink

So anyhow, Happy ChristHanKwanziku to everybody  Cheesy

(ChristHanKwanziku is copy righted by Captain Nintendo is not intended for commercial use)

P.S. My brother has been over in Iraq for about 14/15 months now and is coming back on January 10th !!!

That's Enough Christmas gift for me |D

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 06:26:29 AM »

Most people probably only think of the commercial aspect of  "Christmas"..... :-/

WTF! It has a different meaning then becoming insane while shopping?

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 06:33:04 PM »

P.S. My brother has been over in Iraq for about 14/15 months now and is coming back on January 10th !!!

That's Enough Christmas gift for me |D

That's awesome man.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 10:02:23 AM »

Here is a small version of a Christmas animation I am working on for my girlfriend.  I thought you people might enjoy this.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 10:05:30 AM »

P.S.  It's hard to tell in that version, but that is our Christmas tree that she eats there.  Note the skull tree topper.  That was her idea.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 10:17:45 AM »

your girlfriend is very...uhhhh.... pretty. I like her teeth.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 10:38:01 AM »

Hah i like the aninmation Mike.
The Crucifix used for the X is a good touch.
Christmas and Xmas all rolled into one.
lol

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 10:49:45 AM »

your girlfriend is very...uhhhh.... pretty. I like her teeth.

Hahaha.  The original photo is below (at bottom, not Mr. Chaney).  It was taken at night, and the camera's auto mode couldn't  "see" anything, so the flash completely washed out her face, except for a bit of the eyes, which looked scary.  The rest was a combination of a picture of a skull and Lon Chaney's teeth from "London After Midnight" (a photo I have posted here before):

[img width="200"]http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Chaney%20Sr.,%20Lon/Chaney%20Sr.,%20Lon%20(London%20After%20Midnight)_02.jpg[/img]
http://www.doctormacro.co...0After%20Midnight)_02.jpg

Original photo below:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 10:52:54 AM by admin » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2005, 05:39:56 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone is having a good one.

It was video games all around in my family today. I got Animal Crossing for the DS and some cool Sonic X Matchbox cars, my wife got Nintendogs and our daughter got a Finding Nemo and Disney Princess game for the GBA.

have a great day gang!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Den

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2005, 06:05:22 AM »

I concur Smiley
Marry Xmas everyone.

I got a DS and a bunch of stuff for my car so far.
There are some places that are supposed to be open today so i might run out and try to pick up a DS game or 2 before the rest of the family starts getting here (around 2)

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2005, 07:32:41 AM »

Santa brought me socks !!!!!

Exactly what I needed  Tongue

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2005, 08:41:42 AM »

I got some too. Tongue

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length