RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:07:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Merry Christmas 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 6381 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: December 14, 2005, 03:05:34 PM »

anyone getting anything good for Christmas or are they planning on buying themselves something .The xbox 360 I had listed on ebay we decided to give my boy for Christmas so like the cool dad i am i will have to get him a couple games i may like ;-

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 03:39:10 PM »

The only thing i asked for this year was a PSP from my dad.
I don't expect to my mother to get me anything as i have already toold her since she has spent so much on me in the last few months. She told me she is getting me a AAA member ship and some things for my car like flairs. (Apparently Incase i get stranded miles from civilization and have to rely on infrequently passing vehicles fo help, or maybe incase i break down in the North End. That would be worse.)

So if all goes well i will get a PSP from my dad, 50-100 bucks from aunts and uncles and maybe some clothes.

I am sure my mom will get me something even though i told her not to so i hope it will be a DS and not a stereo or something i won't use.

Oh yes and a very early Merry Xmas to all Smiley

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:12:41 PM »

I sort of bought myself every videogame I wanted, so yeah, I suppose I won't be getting those from my parents.

I should however be getting:

Curiously Strong Magnets
A clock
A desk lamp
Despair Inc. 2006 Calendar
UC Bookstore Giftcards (Textbooks are stupidly expensive)

In case anyone is wondering, I bought myself 4 DS games as well, and Family Guy Volume 3
The DS games were Animal Crossing, Mario Kart DS, Sonic Rush, and Mario and Luigi 2

Merry Christmas to all, and to those who are non Christian, have a happy holiday season.

Hello World.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 06:14:56 PM »

The only things that I asked for were a digital camera, an MP3 player, and a monitor.  I doubt I'll get any of them.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 04:39:32 AM »

She told me she is getting me a AAA member ship

I dunno if you have ever had one, but a AAA membership is sweet.  Go to the AAA store near you, and you'll walk out with free travel books and maps galore.  It's perfect for those days when you randomly decide to drive to Canada, or for planning day trips.  If you like travel and exploring new places, a AAA membership is wonderful.  I've been lucky enough that my parents buy a family membership each year so I get a card for free.  Of course I'd buy one if they didn't.

As for my Christmas...  I already know I will be getting a wireless router from my parents, probably Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS), and some other stuff too.  My sister is getting me a philosophy book I wanted I think.....  and I have no idea what my girlfriend will be getting.  I'd tell you what I'm getting her, but she may check these boards and I don't want that to happen.

I'm an atheist, but Christmas still rocks.  How twisted is the holiday now?

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:18:08 AM »

Bah humbug ?

The only thing cool about Christmas for me is seeing my son rip open presents and have a huge smile on his face.

I like exchanging gifts with good friends and such, but Christmas has lost its luster in the past 5 years for me  :-/

At least I buy myself at least 1 really nice gift for myself every Christmas  Tongue

And family is in town during these times  Smiley Normally my brother in the military comes out here, but he is stuck in Iraq right now..... At least his wife and kids are still coming out here, I enjoy spending time with them.

Still,

Merry Christmas everybody  Wink

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 05:18:30 AM »

I have a daughter and 7 nieces and nephews so my wife and I don't really get each other gifts anymore. We're planning on just stuffing each others christmas stocking with a few small things.

depending on the bonus situations from our jobs we may splurge a little at the after christmas sales for each other. we'll see.

so I don't expect to find any Xbox 360's or PSP's under the tree. But I'm sure I'll get a few nice things.

we may be getting our daughter one of those Spongebob GBA's they have at Toy r' us and a few games.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 05:23:38 AM »

The only thing I really wanted for Christmas is a 500GB hard drive.  But at the current price, I can get 2x250GB for 2/3 of the price.  And if I can't justify spending the money on it, I don't want them spending the money on it.  Anything I get this year will be a complete surprise.

[link=http://www.pontiac.com/solstice/index.jsp]I wish.[/link]

AAA is also good for flats/dead batteries/keys locked in car and the like.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 06:36:12 AM »

I haveno idea what I am getting. I hope I get a PSP so I can return it and get some evil Microsoft stuff  Wink

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 07:02:17 AM »

I have no idea what I'm getting for Christmas.  I honestly don't care too much either, I'm just looking forward to visiting my parents and spending time with family...we usually do a lot of 4-player gaming during Christmas time with me, my 2 bros, and my dad, so I'm looking forward to that. Wink Only pity is that I have a whole bunch of finals right after Christmas break, so I'm going to have to study for those as well Sad

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 12:41:36 PM »

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 05:26:15 PM »

Merry Christmas everybody!  I'm not a super-Christian or anything, but I think this political correctness crap is getting wayyy out of hand.  Of course, that's a topic for a different thread. Wink

I'm getting a Gameboy Micro bundle pack (Gameboy Micro, James Pond: Codename Robocod, and a value pack that has a carrying case, some game cases, screen covers & the like) and Mario Superstar Baseball.  I also went and bought myself a second Neo-Geo AES controller today with some money from relatives, but I got home and it was busted, so I'll be exchanging it tommorrow.

As for non-game stuff, I'm getting Looney Tunes Golden Collection 3 and either a Jerry Lewis 10-movie DVD set, Ducktales Season 1 DVD set, or Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Season 1 DVD set.  I'm not gonna lie, I love cartoons.

I'll probably end up with some other random stuff, but that's the majority of it.

Oh yeah, and I'm also buying my sister Animal Crossing for GCN.

- Zac

- Zac
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 06:24:58 PM »

Hmm let's see...I'm with den.  We have a daughter and a nephew that we've spent most of our paychecks on.  My wife and I have slowly gotten away from giving each other presents, but not by choice.  We may actually get a stove for ourselves since the house we just bought came with a 40 year-old stove.  It looks decrepid, but still works, for now.

I bought my brother an Xbox for Christmas last year and he's been game crazy since (he's NOT a gamer, or at least he wasn't).  He's been asking me alot of question about what current gen games I have.  I told him it would be easier to just come over to my house and look through my bookshelf, since I have nearly 100 titles of Xbox and PS2.

I asked grandma to buy my daughter a V-Smile, even though she's barely a year old. laugh

Merry Christmas, everyone.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 06:25:53 PM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »

Christmas morning is cool when your kids are little or if you have young nieces or nephews.  My oldest is 16 and the word car has surfaced(yeah right) and my youngest is 13 and eats me out of house and home.a gallon of milk should last more than 8 hours. me and the wife are getting eachother a new floor for our bathroom and family room for christmas ...will be hard to wrap.  but i guess the days of staying up all night wrapping presents and putting things together are finished..now we get a detailed  Christmas list...........boring Christmas story..one year we bought our son one of those bouncing horses that is hooked to a frame by springs..I was up til daylight trying to get that thing together.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
NDiddy
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 11:51:53 PM »

I asked for a psp and a few games I mostly asked for dvd and Cd's this year. Oh and a wow I thought there were some old people on here but someone old enough to have a 16 year old kid I always assumed this was a younger crowd than that.

[img width=360 height=72]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/netwetty/ndiddycopy.jpg[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length