RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2024, 05:16:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | has anyone played an Xbox 360 yet? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: has anyone played an Xbox 360 yet?  (Read 8500 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 07:57:15 AM »

Wait, that picure someone posted was supposed the show how much better the 360 looked than the PS2?  They looked almost identical!

Agreed.  The difference in polygon count is minimal.  The biggest difference I see is in the textures, and though they are better on Xbox 360, it's not all that impressive to overlay a better flat image over the same 3D shape.  Increase the polygon count AND have better textures and then I'll be impressed.

Also, as Mark said - being better than PS2 is not a big deal.  Who cares?  PS2's graphics capabilities suck.  That PS2 shot doesn't even show what the system is capable of. (See MGS3 as Leon mentioned.)  A better comparison would be the game on Xbox vs. the game on Xbox 360.

I played Call of Duty 2 at Wal-Mart two days ago.  The game was a lot of fun.  The controller seemed utterly average to me - functional, comfortable, but absolutely uninspiring.  The graphics were impressive, but they didn't WOW me at all.  The way Microsoft hyped the "jump" in graphics power between Xbox and Xbox 360 I would have expected a lot more than this.  Several people have pointed out that PC's have been doing this for years.  Though PC hardware has for a long time been ahead of console power, I still would have expected the Xbox 360 to perform better than I saw in the fifteen minutes I played it.

Of course, all of this is based on fifteen minutes of play, so I could be off.  Then again, it took all of three seconds for my brain to explode when I turned on a Sega Dreamcast for the first time, because I was so blown away by the graphics.  I'm utterly unimpressed by Xbox 360.  More of the same old stuff with higher resolution and better textures.  Yee haw.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 09:32:36 AM »

Why?

Because to me it looked really good. I don't knwo if the game is any good but it looked awesome on the HDTV.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 10:36:45 AM »

No one else has pointed this out yet, so I will.  That image has nothing to do with the PS2.  It is a comparison between the new and old Xboxes.  

I would like to reserve total judgement on the console's graphical power until there is a game that only comes out on the 360.   It could actually be much better than the current games show, and I would expect that the graphics will improve with time.  For now it is still unimpressive.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 12:41:04 PM »

I played Call of Duty again today for alot more time and it was good.
My little brother did better than me because he figured out the buttons while all i did was figure out shoot.

In anycase like has been mentioned it is a graphical improvement but i wasn't in awe while using it.
I don't think anyone is going to be really in awe of playing anymore.
Thigs will get more realistic but it is happening too slow now to make a huge impact like the leap that we saw last gen.

King Kong was alright. When i started playing thoughm i wasn't fully paying attention ad i didn't realise that i had moved from the movie sequence to the gameplay mode until about 10 seconds later.

I kept getting eaten by the T-Rex. I spent more time wondering why i could run thru his legs and huge boulders than trying to run away.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 11:48:36 AM »

I tried the demo for King Kong also and had the same problem trying to keep from being eaten by the T-Rex. I guess you're supposed to draw the attention of the T-Rex (without getting eaten) while the other 2 guys figure out how to open the gate so all 3 of you can escape.

The demo plays out okay, but with a limited amount of time to play, and being a launch title, it's too soon to judge the capabilities of the system.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2005, 12:07:47 AM »

In anycase like has been mentioned it is a graphical improvement but i wasn't in awe while using it.
I don't think anyone is going to be really in awe of playing anymore.
Thigs will get more realistic but it is happening too slow now to make a huge impact like the leap that we saw last gen.

MGS 4 trailer *cough cough* used in game graphics *hem hem* looks Godly.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2005, 03:16:29 AM »

FPS - Forget Prerendered Stuff

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2005, 06:39:35 PM »

@tholly - I picked up a pamphlet on it and all but one of the titles listed were sequels. only Gun was an original game (this one's not a sequel to something is it?), I would have liked to have seen more original titles. I'm not going to rush out and buy one just to get the latest version of Madden, Tiger Woods, Tony Hawk, Need for Speed , Project Gotham or Dead or Alive.

as for the $100, I don't agree with Tynstars assessment of handhelds but you'll probably be able to get a Micro for $80 bucks next year and you'll be $100 closer to playing all those sequels on the 360.

well, i thought id bring this back up now that i have decided....as soon as they can be purchased readily at stores....should be soon....ill be picking up the 360....i can get the micro anytime...and, when im ready for it, ill probably just try and find someone with the anniversary edition to buy

so, as soon as i find a 360 its mine!

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005, 09:42:34 AM »

Way to go Tholly! I have one and I don't have you on my friends list anymore. What's your gamertag again? Send me a friend request. Mine is Ant1m1nd girl

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 09:50:06 AM »

Way to go Tholly! I have one and I don't have you on my friends list anymore. What's your gamertag again? Send me a friend request. Mine is Ant1m1nd girl

my gamer tag is in my signature....i probably wont go on live until i get my 360, so, ill send a friend request then....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 11:02:08 AM »

I got mine last night. CoD 2 is a lot of  fun and looks so so pretty.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2005, 09:10:22 AM »

Does that mean that the Tynstar will be back on Live once again? girl

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2005, 12:05:18 PM »

Does that mean that the Tynstar will be back on Live once again? girl

Prolly not. It has been a long time but I am sure people still cheat. The arcade sounds cool.

s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »

The good news is that cheating is almost non existant on the 360, since it hasnt been modded like the xbox 1. At least I haven't seen any cheaters and I've played against a couple people that are the top 100 on PGR 3.  

If you want you can add me, gamertag Mightymango I have most of the games for the system.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »

The good news is that cheating is almost non existant on the 360, since it hasnt been modded like the xbox 1. At least I haven't seen any cheaters and I've played against a couple people that are the top 100 on PGR 3.  

If you want you can add me, gamertag Mightymango I have most of the games for the system.

Give it a few more weeks and I am sure it will be hacked.

The next time I get on I will add you. Thanks

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length