RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2024, 05:20:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | has anyone played an Xbox 360 yet? 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: has anyone played an Xbox 360 yet?  (Read 8513 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 07:27:54 PM »

Tons of 360 info
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666400p1.html

Rather than start a new thread here it is for thoe interested.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 08:36:31 PM »

I havn't played it but I still plan on picking up one but not until the hype dies down.  

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 06:43:04 AM »

Tons of 360 info
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666400p1.html

Rather than start a new thread here it is for thoe interested.

Awesome, thatnks for the link.

The hardware section is a pretty cool read.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 02:21:47 PM »

Played 360 King Kong at EB. Have to say WTF?? The graphics sucked. Maybe King Kong sucks but I expected something better; MGS3, RE4, and Battlefront 2 on PS2 look hella better then that did. I'm sure later on they'll be able to get more out of the engine but jeez, I was suprised. After seeing that (and the crappy flimsy controller, though PS3's looks like crap too) there's no way in hell I'd pay 400$ for it. I was thinking about gettin one because I didn't want to wait six months for PS3 but...I'll wait.

Microsoft had a chance to pull me over to their side, but they failed.

have you played the ps2 demo of king kong? compare that to the 360 demo and you can see its power.

Heres a screen shot of the comparison of both, and I think it speaks for itself:
http://server5.theimageho..._Kong_Xbox_vs_Xbox360.jpg
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:26:01 PM by PDorr3 » Logged
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 02:57:47 PM »

Looking better than the ps2 is hardly an accomplishment nowadays. It still looks awfully blocky.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 04:36:56 PM »

I played one,too.  I played COD2, King Kong, and Kameo but I haven't played it long enough to get a good idea of the system.  The graphics were awesome but than again they were all played on a High Def TV.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 07:17:05 PM »

have you played the ps2 demo of king kong? compare that to the 360 demo and you can see its power.

Heres a screen shot of the comparison of both, and I think it speaks for itself:
http://server5.theimageho..._Kong_Xbox_vs_Xbox360.jpg

No, I haven't played the PS2 king kong ever since I played the 360 one that sucked.

Anyhoo, what I was disappointed in was the fact that I wasn't blown away. I expected 360 to be awesome with gnarly (yes gnarly) graphics that'd make me drop my bag of Sony games, look to the heavens and scream:

"I love you Bill Gates!!!! Your company has redeemed itself by making something that doesn't suck!!!!!"

But, instead of being blown away into a world of pirouetting Bill Gates', I just made a funny tut tut noise, recieved some sideways glances, and bought Battlefront 2.

Perhaps my expectations of the next gen are too high. (Nope Microsoft jumped the gun, stupid Microsoft - you suck!!!)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:27:08 PM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 07:51:44 PM »

We have reached a point where increasing the power of the systems makes very little difference.  The task of making a game visually stunning rests squarely on the shoulders of the graphic artists themselves and not on those of the chip manufacturers.  

Yes there will be improvements, but from here on out they will be smaller and smaller improvements, not enough to make you say 'wow' when you see it for the first time.  

I saw someone playing 360 today in a store and thought to myself that what I get out of my PC is still visually surperior.  Now I only saw it for about two minutes or so, and I'm not even sure which game I was seeing, but I was underwhelmed by the experience to say the least.  

Allow me to present the following scenario:
1995: "Wow Jimmy, this new console has the power to render 3D games instead of those old 2D ones!"
2005: "Wow Jimmy, this new console renders fire and smoke slightly more accurately than the old ones!"
(I don't know who Jimmy is, sounded like a good name to use.)

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 02:15:02 AM »

I saw call of duty 2 today and I was severly unimpressed. My 2 year old pc can produce images that look just as good. It didn't seem to have any anti aliasing, which meant that on the sweet, bright hdtv monitor everything looked like it was made out of saws.

Now I don't want to judge a system by one first generation electronic arts game, that'll be released on half a dozen systems, but it's not a good start.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 06:37:27 AM »

I think it will be a while before these new systems full power is used by the game makers. :-/

Seriously though...... Kong looks way, and I mean way better then the PS2 version. And it looked and played pretty good to me. Yes it did not "WOW" me, but even still. It was pretty good.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 07:17:13 AM »

Wait, that picure someone posted was supposed the show how much better the 360 looked than the PS2?  They looked almost identical!

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 08:15:07 AM »

Which one was the 360 pic?  Wink

j/k big difference in those 2 pics.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 08:37:15 AM »

Both of them look fairly bad, I can tell which one is a little better, but that looks like PC graphics from three years ago.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 09:19:31 AM »

I saw Cod2 yesterday  and I was amazed by the looks.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 09:41:05 AM »

I saw Cod2 yesterday  and I was amazed by the looks.

Why?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length