RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:20:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Gameboy Booster (pic) 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gameboy Booster (pic)  (Read 3602 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: November 01, 2005, 07:48:34 AM »

I got this from a guy at work for free. It looks interesting. It was external speakers, a joystick attachment, magnifier and it can power the Gameboy. It's pretty big too.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:02:40 AM »

That thing is insane.  I have seen plastic attachments for GameBoys before, but nothing that huge or crazy looking.  Congrats on that!  I like the $29.99 price tag on the box.  Can you imagine actually paying that much for something like that?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:38:41 AM »

Holy monster!

I love when coworkers give me stuff.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:41:31 AM »

That's awesome!  I used to have one of those back in the day!  First time I've seen one since!  But mine was called the HandyBoy or something like that (bought it in Germany so that could explain the different name).  

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:45:05 AM »

he said it's never been used either. it does appear to be brand new.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 11:48:06 AM »

That's awesome!  I used to have one of those back in the day!  First time I've seen one since!  But mine was called the HandyBoy or something like that (bought it in Germany so that could explain the different name).  

We had the handyboy here as well.
Don't think your special Wink

I knew a kid who had one.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 05:13:34 AM »

I tried the Booster out last night. It's pretty cool. The external speakers have a nice sound and the joystick button works very nicely.

It has a large footprint but to me that helps the function of the magnifier and light. I usually have trouble with magnifier/lights. If you don't hold it just right it's difficult to see the screen. With the Booster being a table top I can keep it in a position that allows me to see clearly.

The unit also gives you access to the Gameboy's on/off switch, volume control and contrast control even when inside. The only thing you can't do is change cartridges while it's inside the Booster.

I tested it out last night with the Arkanoid/Breakout style game Alleyway. Very nice little peripheral in my opinion.

As someone who could never REALLY enjoy a Gameboy game till the SP came out I'm very pleased with this addition to the collection.

NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 12:37:30 PM »

Nice man,great to see it with box also,a friend of mine owns one and i play it once in a while.Would love to own one also.Getting stuff for free just totally rocks,as long as you keep telling people you collect something nice pops up once in a while. Smiley

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 05:37:44 PM »

I dont think I have seen these booster until you posted your pic. Then today at a Salvation Army in Cottage Grove, OR I see a loose one.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 03:05:03 AM »

We had the handyboy here as well.
Don't think your special Wink

I knew a kid who had one.

You're right, I checked up on the HandyBoy and it looks different from this Booster.  Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 09:28:17 AM »

I saw another one at a different store yesterday. I have now seen 2 of these in 2 days.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length