RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 01:35:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Properly Submitting Images Updated March 30, '06 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Properly Submitting Images Updated March 30, '06  (Read 15194 times)
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 01:38:31 AM »

And if not screen shots I think shots of the actual games and boxes/manuals would turn out better.  I have a ton of games that have no pictures in the database.

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 01:39:16 AM »

I'm not an expert or anything, but there's probably a way to run the system through the computer.  You can just print screen to get it to work.  I'm sure you can, I'm just not sure how.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 01:47:45 AM »

I know...It's strange how through the camara these weird lines go up and down the tv.  What the heck is that? 

Those are the lines refreshing I believe. Eye cant see it but the camera can.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 06:27:01 AM »

when do the images get updated on the site? im sure i uploaded some scanes the other week but havent seen them on the front of the site and now cant rememeber which ones i did.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »

when do the images get updated on the site? I'm sure i uploaded some scans the other week but haven't seen them on the front of the site and now cant remember which ones i did.

Normally images are done by 1 of 2 different staff members here at RF Gen.
And they do them fairly quickly. Sometimes they get hundreds of images at once! So when they upload them back onto the site after watermarking them, you may not see them on the front page because there were so many done at once.

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 02:10:13 AM »

I hate to be a bother but I'm waiting before going scan crazy to find out if I properly loaded the scans I've already submited for two games.  I uploaded them from my hard drive rather then a web site and their ratio was 510x<510.  If anyone can let me know if I did everything right, that would be apreciated as I can then move on to scanning the rest of my...sizeable collection for aditional info for the site.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 03:25:39 AM »

I hate to be a bother but I'm waiting before going scan crazy to find out if I properly loaded the scans I've already submited for two games.  I uploaded them from my hard drive rather then a web site and their ratio was 510x<510.  If anyone can let me know if I did everything right, that would be apreciated as I can then move on to scanning the rest of my...sizeable collection for aditional info for the site.

I have checked your submissions in the submission log and they all look fine to me. Very clearly scanned and neatly cropped. If you have done everything from the scanning images FAQ I don't think you will have a problem with anything.

Approving the submissions may take a little longer though, as Dave (TraderJake ) is currently working on something related to the area. You can keep submitting them however as they won't disappear anywhere it just may take a couple of weeks to get them uploaded.
Tan
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 11:05:35 AM »

I noticed that most of the hardware images are straight on front and back shots. I has sent in a few where I had taken them at a bit of an angle to get the sides in as well, if they don't make approval let me know i can re-take the pics as straight front and back shots.  Cool

* 360-front.JPG (21.26 KB, 404x409 - viewed 328 times.)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »

I know...It's strange how through the camara these weird lines go up and down the tv.  What the heck is that? 

Those will only appear on a CRT.  It is the cathode ray (electron beam) tracing out the image you see on the screen.  That is what the screen actually looks like at any moment in time, if your camera were to have its shutter open for more than 1/60th of a second, then you would not see the lines in the picture, but you would need a tripod to do that.

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode_ray_tube

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2006, 05:03:26 AM »

If someone could please tell me how to use EZthumbs properly it would be much apreciated.  So far I cant get it to resize anything by width.  It will change the heigth, the width and height, or nothing.....but even changing the numbers back and forth between both feilds and changing the options from stretch to fit and such, I cant get it to save properly.  This is driving me a bit bonkers as I have almost 500 images to re-size.  Please help!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »

To resize I set which ever side I what to 550 and the other side to 99999. That always works for me.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »

That's what I do to.  Since the setting is for MAX Height and MAX Width the only one that takes effect is the 550.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »

Thanks for the help!  Everything is working just fine now.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »

Thanks for the help!  Everything is working just fine now.

Thats good to hear!

Tan
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »

Just a suggestion here but I was wondering if it would be possible to have the action shots expanded to allow multiple uploads at once? It can be time consuming submitting 5-10 action shots for one game one at a time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length