RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 06:24:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts.. part 3 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts.. part 3  (Read 93543 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #285 on: November 07, 2005, 11:40:17 PM »

And that is why kids should not drive. I heard people where trying to get the driving age changed to 18. That would be great.

It's 18 here in the Netherlands, yet there are still plenty of accidents. I guess the only way to avoid youth idiocy on the roads is by changing the driving age to 25.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2005, 03:28:48 AM »

I figure the sooner you start teaching people the faster they will actually become proficient at it.
If people start learning to drive at 17 and can't get their license till 18 that is one year less driving experiance they will have compared to youth today.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2005, 04:44:32 AM »

I have a friend that had two accidents with his temps and, since he got his license three months ago, has gotten into three more. None were major and 4 out of the 5 were him backing into other cars. Apparently, looking backwards is too much work.

From Snatch:
[Tyrone hits a parked delivery van.]
Tyrone:    I didn't see it there.
Vinny:       It's a four-ton truck, Tyrone. It's not a Sosa packet of fu**ing peanuts, is it?
Tyrone:    It was at a funny angle.
Vinny:       It's behind you, Tyrone. Whenever you reverse things come from behind you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 04:44:51 AM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2005, 06:53:10 AM »

It's 18 here in the Netherlands, yet there are still plenty of accidents. I guess the only way to avoid youth idiocy on the roads is by changing the driving age to 25.

That would be fine. Or kids can only drive alone and no radio.  laugh

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2005, 09:12:45 AM »

Raising the driving age to 25 would not work in this country.  Imagine how many high school and college age people would suddenly leave the workforce because they have no way to get to their place of work.  Or think of young parents.  If you're (reasonably) old enough to have a child and raise them, you should be old enough to drive a car.  Without decent public transportation in this country, raising the driving age more than a year or so would be pretty dumb.

As for my record - I've been driving for four and a half years now and I've never had a ticket or accident.  Not even a minor one.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2005, 09:17:35 AM »

I figure the sooner you start teaching people the faster they will actually become proficient at it.
If people start learning to drive at 17 and can't get their license till 18 that is one year less driving experiance they will have compared to youth today.

It's not about proficiency, it's about responsibility. And a lot of young people lack a sense of responsibilty.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2005, 09:20:05 AM »

Raising the driving age to 25 would not work in this country.  Imagine how many high school and college age people would suddenly leave the workforce because they have no way to get to their place of work.  Or think of young parents.  If you're (reasonably) old enough to have a child and raise them, you should be old enough to drive a car.  Without decent public transportation in this country, raising the driving age more than a year or so would be pretty dumb.

As for my record - I've been driving for four and a half years now and I've never had a ticket or accident.  Not even a minor one.

Yeah 25 is to high but 18 isn't I think.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2005, 11:39:01 AM »

That would be fine. Or kids can only drive alone and no radio.  laugh

Actually no radio can be a bad thing.
Listening to the radio keeps you awake and more attentive than if you are listening to nothing.
And not talk radio either. Music

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2005, 12:25:05 PM »

Actually no radio can be a bad thing.
Listening to the radio keeps you awake and more attentive than if you are listening to nothing.
And not talk radio either. Music

Yeah music can do that. But when the music is really load and you are rockin out it is a distraction.

tarheelsnipe
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2005, 01:05:45 PM »

my opinion.
i got my permit at 15 and dl at 16.  i've been driving for 12 years now.  i got my only ticket last year.  it has a LOT to do with responsibility and a little bit of luck.  just to drive the point home (Cheesy), i know some 40 yr olds that should go back to 8th grade.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2005, 01:48:36 PM »

Yeah. Drivers age aint the problem. Drivers being idiots is the problem.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2005, 01:53:03 PM »

Yeah. Drivers age aint the problem. Drivers being idiots is the problem.

Age has a lot to do with it.

I see way to many idoits on the road. That's one of the reasons I might be moving.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2005, 02:01:48 PM »

Oh yea i didn't post yet.
I have to pull together 1300$ for my car Cry

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2005, 02:06:34 PM »

Today is my second second anniversary.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2005, 02:07:10 PM »

Raising the driving age to 25 would not work in this country...Without decent public transportation in this country, raising the driving age more than a year or so would be pretty dumb.

I only wish we could have a transit system that didn't rely entirely on cars. Cars are not the answer. Sprawl is not the answer.

And to the last part of the quote -- well aren't you just the ray of sunshine in the stormy sky? HA!

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length