RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 02:43:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts.. part 3 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 76 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts.. part 3  (Read 93415 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »

I have glasses but I never wear them partly because I lost them.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2005, 06:09:46 PM »

I just gave my son his last dose of chemo, after 2 & 1/2 years he's all done.  He has to go in for a bone marrow test tomorrow just to make sure he is still clear and that's it.  I don't think he fully understands how big this is but I am bouncing off the wall.  He is 5 & 1/2 now and he was diagnosed with Leukemia two weeks after his 3rd birthday.  He's been dealing with this so long it's just part of him.  When he's grown up he won't even remember most of this, well except for the fact that I am going to remind him of the hell he put me thru every chance I get.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2005, 06:23:34 PM »

I just gave my son his last dose of chemo, after 2 & 1/2 years he's all done.  He has to go in for a bone marrow test tomorrow just to make sure he is still clear and that's it.  I don't think he fully understands how big this is but I am bouncing off the wall.  He is 5 & 1/2 now and he was diagnosed with Leukemia two weeks after his 3rd birthday.  He's been dealing with this so long it's just part of him.  When he's grown up he won't even remember most of this, well except for the fact that I am going to remind him of the hell he put me thru every chance I get.

Thats awesome news!!!!! Good luck tomorrow!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2005, 06:39:56 PM »

Very very cool.
I continue to wish you the best. I'm not very prayerful myself but i'll make sure to put in a good word for you and yours. Smiley
Wouldn't hurt any and i do it 7-8 times a day. (begining of every class)

I do think he would remember it even with out you remnidning him.
Just because it was so impacting upon his life even if he is so young.

And if i have heard correctly geting a bone marow test can be quite painful. Hopefully i heard wrong.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2005, 07:07:09 PM »

I do think he would remember it even with out you remnidning him.
Just because it was so impacting upon his life even if he is so young.
It's funny if you talk to him about stuff that happened early on in the treatment (he had to spend alot of time in the hospital) the stuff he remembers best is the fun stuff, the playroom, the toys he got, stuff like that.  He even remember it as the first place he played Mario on a N64 that they had in the playroom (I guess it runs in the famliy!)

And if i have heard correctly geting a bone marow test can be quite painful. Hopefully i heard wrong.
As you might expect he has had several in the past couple of years as well as about 15 spinal taps, the nice thing is the put him out for both procedures (mostly due to his age I think)  He's never shown any signs that it's painful afterwards so we should be good.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2005, 10:12:17 PM »

He's never shown any signs that it's painful afterwards so we should be good.

That is good to hear. Again best wishes to your son and family.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2005, 03:48:17 AM »

This is great news.  I hope all goes well for you and your son today.  Your family will be in my thoughts.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2005, 06:19:20 AM »

I hope all goes well !  

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2005, 08:28:26 AM »

count me among the well-wishers. that's got to be rough watching one of  your own go through that. great news on the end of chemo and best of luck to you!!

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2005, 10:39:26 AM »

Great news! Best of luck to you and your family.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2005, 10:40:15 AM »

We got the all clear!!!  We won't get final report for a few days but the inital look was perfect.  There is no smiley that has a grin big enough to show what I feel right now!!  Thanks for all the well wishes!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2005, 10:42:16 AM »

banana
^ Maybe?

Excellent news.
Glad to hear it Smiley

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2005, 11:43:01 AM »

That's great that the test had such good results!  I don't have kids (obviously), but I know just from how my parents talk about my heart surgery I had when I was a kid that I wouldn't want to have to go through something like that if I had a son or daughter.  My thoughts go out to you and your family as you wait for the final results.

- Zac

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2005, 12:03:01 PM »

banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2005, 12:32:06 PM »

Awesome news ! :rock:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 76 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length