RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 09:52:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Far Cry: Instincts for Xbox. 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Far Cry: Instincts for Xbox.  (Read 6347 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 12:31:33 PM »

I just started playing this yesterday. Is it my Xbox or is the laod time really really long? Almost makes the game unplayable. I actually switch over to watch TV while the next level is loaded.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »

I still haven't even opened the copy i got at Circuit City....

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 03:58:33 PM »

I still haven't even opened the copy i got at Circuit City....

I opened my CC copy yesterday. Been meaning to do it for some time.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 04:39:28 PM »

I think it took quite awhile on PC too. But I may be mistaken.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 09:06:02 PM »

Also why can't I skip the 5-10 minute opening cut scene?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 10:28:13 PM »

Everytime you turn it on?

I remember being able to skip it. Accidentally did when I wanted to watch it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »

So far every time I turn it on. I really want to like this game but it is having some serious problems.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »

The glitch that happens is that when you play different games in between FC:I sessions, it loses the cache that tells the game that you've already seen the initial 5-10min.trailer.

If you go on XBL, I think they have a patch for it to allow you to press a button & skip it. If it's not there, you may want to check teamxbox.com for an FAQ.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 10:46:05 AM »

The glitch that happens is that when you play different games in between FC:I sessions, it loses the cache that tells the game that you've already seen the initial 5-10min.trailer.

If you go on XBL, I think they have a patch for it to allow you to press a button & skip it. If it's not there, you may want to check teamxbox.com for an FAQ.

Thats strange because I haven't played anything else. Thanks for the info I will check it out.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 11:30:58 AM »

I only had to watch the opening scene till I had a save file for campaign. Having multiplayer profiles or custom maps didn't let you skip it.

As for load times... I don't recall them being particularly long. Give it a chance, I've beat the campaign on both Far Cry's and loved them both.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 12:16:28 PM »

I only had to watch the opening scene till I had a save file for campaign. Having multiplayer profiles or custom maps didn't let you skip it.

As for load times... I don't recall them being particularly long. Give it a chance, I've beat the campaign on both Far Cry's and loved them both.

I have a campaign save file. I thought the same thing as you. I was wondering if I needed to save the game and not just the auto save but I didnt see any save option.

I am giving it a chance. It is pretty cool once I can finally play. I think I am on the forth of fifth level.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 10:09:57 PM »

I actually logged into Live and checked download content for FC:I and nothing. Do I go somewhere else for patches?

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2006, 07:45:26 AM »

I have a campaign save file. I thought the same thing as you. I was wondering if I needed to save the game and not just the auto save but I didnt see any save option.

I am giving it a chance. It is pretty cool once I can finally play. I think I am on the forth of fifth level.

From what I played of it on Xbox, I remember that you cannot save mid-mission. So at the end of a mission, try pausing and see if the option to save comes up.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2006, 08:28:33 AM »

I forgot to mention that when I logged into live there was a LIve update done. After the update the Xbox restarted. I still couldn't skip the intro. When I was done playing I turned off teh Xbox. I went back to play later and I COULD SKIP THE INTRO!!!!!!!!!!! Also the load time between levels seemed shorter as well. I am happy.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2006, 08:51:13 AM »

Good deal. Yeah, that right, it wasn't a formal patch, just one of those live auto-update things where you really don't know what it's doing until later.

Excellent. Enjoy the rest of the game. Now I'm going have to play the campaign...Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length