RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2024, 01:19:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Fresh Games by Eidos 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fresh Games by Eidos  (Read 1356 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: August 08, 2005, 11:26:45 AM »

This division of Eidos is soemthing alot of people probably no about but also probably haven't played many of the games by them.

Last nigth i played Mad Maestro! and R*Type Final both of which Fresh Games has their label on.

Mad Maestro is kinda like DDR in the sense that your timing button preses but it also gauges how hard you press the triangle, circle, square, or X button in order to get the desired volumes (weak, medium, strong) and it uses the D-pad for when you have to tell a specific part of the orchestra to play.
The game has cutscenes before each "level" al of which have no words and try to convey the mood with use of music.

R*Type Final i believe was mentioned by someone else before (CFB maybe?).
It has TONS of different ships you unlock as you go. I didn't play that one alot so far but it is definately a solid shooter. th background is always rotating though o the direction your ship is facing on conjunctiuon to where the enemy is on-screen. Again i don't know how often that happens because i didn't play further than the second level. But i am definately going to finish this one up.

Then there is also Legaia 2, Mr. Mosquito
I have a demo for Mr. Mosquite but i have to find it before i can play that...
And the first Legaia was realy good and i have only seen Legaia 2 on sale a handful of times.

Anyone else have experiance with Fresh Games?
I went to check out there website and it has been closed down.. not  promising sign.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:55:20 AM »

I have Mad Maestro, Mr. Mosquito and R Type Final. I haven't played R Type Final yet but Mr. Mosquito and Mad Maestro are both fun quirky games. The object of Mr. Mosquito is to sting the people in one family. It's a bit bizarre.

All can be had quite cheaply too. Mad Maestro can often be found in the cardboard budget kiosk in Toys R Us games section.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 09:46:51 PM »

I have rtype and mad maestro, both are excellent games! I still need to get myself a copy of mr mosquito, I really enjoyed the demo of that game. I also owe it to myself to buy legaia 2. Did any other fresh games ever come out besides these? or any new planned releases?
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 10:11:11 PM »

I did find a Fresh Games site but it was based off the .uk eidos site.
I did find one different Fresh Games release but it was Way of the Samurai.
Which was released state side with a different publisher.

As far as i can tell Fresh Games is dead pretty much everywhere.
It is too bad because the games were pretty good.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Ya I checked and found the same information. I will haveto buy all of the US released fresh games, and then possibly make a fan site for them, and kamino can host it for me at hardcoregaming Smiley
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

I, like everyone else here, have R-Type Final and Mad Maestro.  I saw Mr. Mosquito at Game Crazy and Legaia 2 everywhere and have been meaning to pick up both.  I loved the first Legaia and Mr. Mosquito looks like it is just weird enough to be fun.  I wish Fresh Games could have released more games because they all seem like the kind of fun that you don't see to often anymore.

That being said, I really don't like Mad Maestro all too much.  Granted, I only played it for about 10 minutes, but I found it VERRRY hard to just how hard to push the buttons when it was needed.  
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 11:57:30 AM »

Yea i thought the same things.
You can do some messing around with the setings in some option menu but i didn't bother.
Dan found it when he was playing.

I haven't played tried these games since my post.
Once i get my room back together i am definately going to play them though |D

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length