RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:25:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | RFGeneration Secret Santa 2016!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: RFGeneration Secret Santa 2016!!!!  (Read 29105 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2016, 05:15:56 PM »

Awesome gift!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »

Sent my package out on the 10th just in time.

I too wait until Xmas, but I'll prob open it on Xmas Eve, so I can film it, have time to edit it and have the video up on Christmas day ha

Now your playing with power!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »

I'm a little late, but I just mailed my gift out today.  The recipient should have it sometime this weekend.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »

Just received mine as well as something I ordered for my partner. Gonna express ship out tomorrow and should arrived to my buddy just in time:)

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »

Shipped out today. 
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2016, 05:57:39 PM »

Waiting for something to arrive tonight before shipping out.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2016, 09:07:51 PM »

My package arrived yesterday.   I'm waiting until Christmas to open it. 
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »

I'm hoping to do an unboxing video this year.  Anyone else besides Russ want to join in?  Let's make this thread fun and interactive. Cheesy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »

I'm hoping to do an unboxing video this year.  Anyone else besides Russ want to join in?  Let's make this thread fun and interactive. Cheesy

I'm in! 1 video, 2 unboxings!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2016, 11:40:04 PM »

Got my box! My sent box is confirmed delivered as well! Will post pics later!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2016, 02:37:18 AM »

I love doing the RFGen Secret Santa every year.  Everyone always overdelivers.  And this year was no different.

Many thanks to my Secret Santa, who was likely confused by my request.  You see, I asked for junk.  Junk cartridges to be precise.  And I meant it.

After being on various forums, I've learned that not all carts/games are created equal.  Some collectors are so encumbered by SMB/Duck Hunts and Genesis Madden games that they see them as a nuisance and drop them off at electronics recyclers in frustration.

I think this is a shame.  I can always make use of worthless cartridges.  The most fun I have with them is dropping them in the "leave something, take something" bins at MAGfest.  I'm pretty sure a copy of Tech Deck Skateboarding I left in one ended up as a mystery prize at last year's charity auction.

Anyway, faced with this odd request, my Secret Santa came through with flying colors.

[img width=700 height=811]http://i.imgur.com/92RE0Cr.jpg?1[/img]

The haul:

Super Play Action Football (SNES)

The Jungle Book (SNES)

Mario Paint (SNES)

NCAA Basketball (SNES)

The above are very familiar carts to anyone who has dug through bargain bins.  I have particular animus for NCAA Basketball, or, as I know it, "Not Super Metroid but Looks Like It from a Distance".

Power-Joy PJ-008 (Power-Joy Famiclone)

I went out of my way to buy a Power-Joy system on ebay just to get this weirdo cart.  Very excited to have a loose cart, as now I can get rid of the full system set to a good home.

NFL Quarterback Club '99 (N64)

WWF War Zone (N64)

More bargain bin fodder.  I've gotten NFL Quarterback Club '99 for as low as a quarter.  These are very appreciated as giveaway fodder.

Pokemon Blue (GB)

I was shocked to see a Pokemon cart in here.  Maybe the battery's busted or the cart is blown, I haven't checked it, but it's still very generous.  I may actually try (again) to get through Generation 1 Pokemon.

Virtual League Baseball (VB)

I was even more floored to get a Virtual Boy game, especially one I don't own!  I was already more than happy with that I got, but this will be a true addition to my collection.  It was so perfect I checked my perfunctory 2016 Secret Santa Wishlist to see if I had it listed there.  I didn't.  Just amazing.

Target Renegade (NES)

Oh, good ol' Nintender Tapes.  I like Target Renegade, and I like ugly carts.  A match made in heaven.

A crocheted PokeBall

A Skull Kid (w/Majora's Mask) figurine

Pretty cool little throw-ins.  Perhaps a calling card of my Secret Santa, but I'm bad at figuring such things out.  The crocheted PokeBall is just the neatest.

Another great year of RFGen Secret Santa.  I only hope, as always, that my recipient is as happy as I am. 

Happy Holidays, all!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »

I shipped out yesterday and it should arrive to my partner a couple days before X-mas.

Weird gift Ikaraniku!! Love it!!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2016, 04:26:27 PM »

Received a box today which I think is my Secret Santa gift.  I get so many packages this time of year I lose track of what I ordered.  I won't open this until Christmas so i may be surprised that this is actually something I ordered.  LOL.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/cvanderhoef/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161217_1415549_rewind.jpg[/img]

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2016, 06:22:13 PM »

I got my SS gift yesterday! Cheesy

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Keelah se'lai
Deadman
Donor

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2016, 10:55:47 PM »

I completely spaced out and missed this again this year.   I was actually going to re-join this year, but never saw any promotion on the front page and my one-track mind didn't think to even search for Secret Santa until today.   Please do the forums a solid and post pictures of all of your boxes this year!   For those of us who miss out, it makes us feel like we are still part of the in-crowd.

Happy Holidays RFG!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length