RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2024, 05:20:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS4/PSTV help 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PS4/PSTV help  (Read 976 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: September 12, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »

How in the world can I make the text bigger on my PS4 and PSTV?  I found an option to make it bigger on the PS4 but that is only for the text for the PS4 menu itself.  Text in games is so small I can't read it without going right up to the TV.  I tried finding an option on my TV that may change it but I can't find anything.  This is making my PS4/PSTV useless with RPG's pretty much.  There must be some option on the system or TV that can help.  Thanks.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »

I can't be the only one having issues.  Battlefront is another horrible game that is so hard to read if you are sitting right in front of the TV.

SMS set complete!
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »

You're talking about using remote play on PSTV, right? AFAIK, it's going to mirror the PS4 exactly, so it's not ideal for reading text.  It's a similar problem the PS3/PSP had.

As far as making text bigger, there are a few options under the accessibility menu in settings, but like you said, they only really affect the menu.  There is a zoom function that might be helpful, though.

I once hooked my PS4 up to a 24 inch monitor and had trouble reading text, but on a 46 inch TV it was no problem.  How big of a TV/monitor are you using?
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 07:32:23 PM »

You're talking about using remote play on PSTV, right? AFAIK, it's going to mirror the PS4 exactly, so it's not ideal for reading text.  It's a similar problem the PS3/PSP had.

As far as making text bigger, there are a few options under the accessibility menu in settings, but like you said, they only really affect the menu.  There is a zoom function that might be helpful, though.

I once hooked my PS4 up to a 24 inch monitor and had trouble reading text, but on a 46 inch TV it was no problem.  How big of a TV/monitor are you using?

I'm talking about on both.  I only play on the PS4 itself but I noticed how the text was also crappy when I tested the PSTV.  The bigger text option in the Accessibility setting only makes the PS4 menu text bigger, it doesn't effect games.  The zoom function, which I discovered last night, does help but it is a pain in the ass as you have to cancel out to advance to the next text bubble but does help.  Games like Battlefront where the text pops up during gameplay, it is useless.  I changed my setting on my TV through the different modes (Full, Wide, Zoom, etc.) which did make it bigger on some settings but it had horrible cut off.  There were no settings I could find to change the resolution through the TV.  On the PS4, I changed it to 460, 720, both 1080 but saw no difference.  I am using a 32" TV.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length