RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:21:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Batter Up Baseball Controller - SNES 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Batter Up Baseball Controller - SNES  (Read 1843 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: May 28, 2005, 09:15:08 PM »

I picked this thing up today for $1.21 at a thrift store. It's an SNES controller that is a baseball bat. It's about half the length and weight of an actual bat. The barrell is foam padded and it has a very long cord. All the SNES controller buttons are on the barrell as well. There are dip switches too. All the games I tried used the same setting though. I would image the dip switches asign which of the 4 action buttons is going to be replaced with the swinging motion. You actually swing the bat to hit the ball and it works quite well. It's difficult playing defense as all the controls are on the barrell and it's awkward to hold.

I was playing Home Run Derby on Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run and it was quite a blast. I also tried Super Bases Loaded but on that one the batter faces the screen so it was difficult to time the swing. I'll have to see what other baseball SNES games I have.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 05:23:59 PM »

I have two of those one is for the PC the other SNES.  They are cool and do add an interesting twist to the games.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 07:41:22 PM »

I have a similair controller for Genesis.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length