RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:14:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | WTF? another CD-i find this time w/ Hotel Mario 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTF? another CD-i find this time w/ Hotel Mario  (Read 1478 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:59:41 PM »

I found 8 CD-i games today, all complete for $2.95 each.

Hotel Mario
International Tennis Tour
PInball
Sticky Bear Math
Sticky Bear Reading
The Emperors New Clothes
Richard Scarry's Busiest Neighborhood Disk Ever
Berenstain Bear's On Their Own

the last 5 on this list are not in the database. I'm guessing it's because they are not games but there are several non-games on the list. Thunder in Paradise comes to mind. Should they be added?

Also, I noticed a game on the list called, "The Dame Was Loaded". I got this one today too though on closer inspection it was a Philips PC CD-rom game not CD-i. I gather by it's inclusion in the database that there IS a CD-i version. Or did someone else that the same mistake as I?

back to Hotel Mario for a moment. this is really a good game. I played it for about an hour and a half tonight. I just wish I had a better controller for my CD-i, the one I have is more like a TV remote. Anyway the game has decent graphics, it looks like an SNES game. The animated cut scenes are lame and very pixelated but you can skip over these. There is a story but who cares. The game consists of a screen with 5 or so levels that you travel between via elevators. Each level also has several open doors. The object is to move up and down the levels to close all the doors while avoiding the enemies. If you just avoid them they keep opening the doors so it's best to eliminate them. As it's a Mario game you also have to pick up coins and there are mushrooms that give powerups. Easily the best CD-i game I've ever played. I know that's not saying much but it is damn good.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 09:00:02 PM by den68 » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 08:11:37 PM »

Should they be added?

Yes.

Also, I noticed a game on the list called, "The Dame Was Loaded". I got this one today too though on closer inspection it was a Philips PC CD-rom game not CD-i. I gather by it's inclusion in the database that there IS a CD-i version. Or did someone else that the same mistake as I?

Excellent question.  I will have to look into the matter.

Most important of all, I'd like to say congrats on the find.  Those were all at a great price in my opinion, and Hotel Mario is a steal for under $3.  I am jealous.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 04:34:29 AM »

I was pretty happy. I now have ONE game worth hooking the CD-i up to play.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »

These have been added to the database:

Sticky Bear Math
Sticky Bear Reading
The Emperors New Clothes
Richard Scarry's Busiest Neighborhood Disk Ever
Berenstain Bear's On Their Own

as well as: