RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 09:22:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Toy People: The Naner NEEDS YOUR HELP! 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Toy People: The Naner NEEDS YOUR HELP!  (Read 1278 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:41:57 AM »

Dear loyal community,

As you know, the Run n' Gun competition for the playthroughs is this December. I found an awesome soccer (football for the rest of the world) trophy that I am magically transforming into a super BAWSS run n' gun trophy for the winner.  I am having great difficulty finding a small gun and knife to add to the trophy and need your help; it seems that the Dollar Stores and even Targets where I live have an issue with selling figures with plastic guns................*sigh*. 

I'm happy to pay shipping and maybe a non-collector price on the goods if anyone has anything they can donate/sell.  I have some stuff, but it goes with the Joes I am selling and I'm not willing to break that up.  I'd like a machine gun 2-3" long (or larger for comedy) and I'd prefer something like a serrated Rambo-like knife, since it is kind of a Contra theme.  Character on trophy  is probably 4-5" tall for scale purposes.  The more badass and ridiculous the machine gun the better obviously.

I started sanding and painting the trophy last night, and it is going to look super sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!  I just a little help tracking down these items.  I hope that a lot of you can join, so please grab those games!!!!  Thanks.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »

I can probably help out.  I have lots of non-G.I. Joe, non-collectible weapon accessories floating around, even ones of ridiculous sizes.  And even if that fails, the dollar stores near me have tons of crappy soldier figures.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:46:52 AM by Ikariniku » Logged

Current FM synth enjoyer.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »

I can probably help out.  I have lots of non-G.I. Joe, non-collectible weapon accessories floating around, even ones of ridiculous sizes.  And even if that fails, the dollar stores near me have tons of crappy soldier figures.

Thanks man!  Just send me some pics of what you have if you can. Maybe put a coin or ruler beside them for scale. I just want to make sure it will work before you go to a lot of trouble.  Happy to also pay Dollar Store prices and shipping to get them to me. If you've seen figures on trophies, they are pretty much the same size, so you will probably know what would work.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 11:41:38 AM »

I may have some toys at my parents still (also comic books and sports cards...). Going over there tonight. Can take a look at what I have.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »

I may have some toys at my parents still (also comic books and sports cards...). Going over there tonight. Can take a look at what I have.

Thanks Adam.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »

Thanks for responding guys, but I ended up finding a few things lying around. Wink

Not finished, but getting there.

[img width=700 height=937]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Playthroughs/D7FCFB7F-DC0C-4985-B19F-D51B6B3719C1_zpsyfujqjne.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=937]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Playthroughs/13E82CCE-5266-46C1-BF33-C2724F9DF659_zpswqdbieyq.jpg[/img]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length