RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 26, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Song of the South 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Song of the South  (Read 17631 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: June 08, 2004, 08:06:05 AM »

Have any of you seen this old Disney movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038969/

It's called Song of the South, and to my knowledge, it was never released on home video in the U.S. because of political correctness.  I recently had the opportunity to see the Japanese LaserDisc release, and though I do see how some people could be offended, it's truly a great movie.  

I think it was Disney's first live action/animation combo movie, and it stars the first African American male to receive an Academy Award.  Brer Rabbit, the tar baby, and "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."  If you like Disney movies at all, you gotta check this one out, and if not -- see it anyway because Disney doesn't want you to.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 08:09:40 AM »

And how do we get a hold of this movie if it was never released on home video?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 08:11:50 AM »

Mmmm....  kidnap Disney's great-granddaughter and hold her until they let you see the movie?

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:12:49 AM »

Ok, now, anyone have an idea that won't get me arrested?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 08:15:28 AM »

You might be able to download it from some site like Kazaa.  Just make sure you pay for it......... Wink
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 08:19:39 AM »

I downloaded this some time ago. It was a 4.3 gb rip. And then I removed it before bothering to watch it.  And it definately had a release here. I'm sure.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 08:21:11 AM »

Was is a straid DVD rip?  I have never seen and encode of that size, unless it was about 9 hours long.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 08:24:44 AM »

No, it was a rip of a vhs.  but in DVD format or something. It made very little sense to me.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 08:25:24 AM »

Wow, that is huge.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 08:29:20 AM »

Yeah, I've downloaded hdtv movies that were smaller :p.

I did see some parts of it though. The cartoons with the rabbit are pretty funny.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 09:42:27 PM »

Yeah, there was a VHS release of this in Europe, but not the U.S., if what I read about it is correct.

jonlester
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 03:31:07 PM »

As an aside, if any of you find yourselves in my area, the Joel Chandler Harris museum is in Eatonton, Georgia, about 45 minutes from me. There also happens to be a new Habitat store that just opened in the area so I might be there soon myself on a hunt.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2004, 05:46:22 AM »

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from Song of the South was on one of the Disney's Sing Along Songs videos. Even that is no longer in release. I do have an old copy I found at a thrift.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 08:43:33 AM »

http://bannedfilms.com/

These people sell it on DVD.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 09:24:01 AM »

I love how they actually sell the poster, and you get a "special prize," that just happens to be Song of the South on DVD.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length