RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 03:17:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 306 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1397617 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »

Here are my scores from this week.

I have had a pending trade with Gamernick for awhile now, and I got them in the mail the other day, everything you see except for Power Blade was a part of the trade.

I got Power Blade for 11.00 at Value Village. It was originally 14.99 but I had a coupon which brought the price down.  I got really lucky because as I was walking into the store it was sitting on a cart waiting to be shelved.  A customer came in after me, who was looking at games, he seemed to be disappointed that I was able to grab it before him. I could kinda see it on his face.  
I have had that look on my face plenty of times. I understand what it is like to just miss something because you were a little too late. It happened to me not but a week ago, when I saw a guy grab a bunch of Jap & Big Box PS1 games. I was quite disappointed.

* WP_20150812_002.jpg (299.3 KB, 959x1279 - viewed 171 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:25:21 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2015, 01:26:17 PM »

Very nice grab on the Power Blade!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »

I have had a pending trade with Gamernick for awhile now, and I got them in the mail the other day, everything you see except for Power Blade was a part of the trade.

I got Power Blade for 11.00 at Value Village. It was originally 14.99 but I had a coupon which brought the price down.  I got really lucky because as I was walking into the store it was sitting on a cart waiting to be shelved.  A customer came in after me, who was looking at games, he seemed to be disappointed that I was able to grab it before him. I could kinda see it on his face. 
I have had that look on my face plenty of times. I understand what it is like to just miss something because you were a little too late. It happened to me not but a week ago, when I saw a guy grab a bunch of Jap & Big Box PS1 games. I was quite disappointed.

Oh, Fokakis, you edged out the deal I got on Power Blade last Christmas ($12.50).  Snagged it out of a resale shop having a 50% off sale.  I would have been super jelly of that Last Starfighter, as I mourned its unavailability during my own trade with GamerNick, but I recently picked it up for $5 at a local flea market.

As for missing deals, well, I did miss out on a huge lot of CIB NES games at the local resale shop I mentioned.  It was amazing.  I went in for weeks with nothing new to see, only to miss out on those games by a few minutes.  Such is life.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »

I got Power Blade for 11.00 at Value Village. It was originally 14.99 but I had a coupon which brought the price down.  I got really lucky because as I was walking into the store it was sitting on a cart waiting to be shelved.  A customer came in after me, who was looking at games, he seemed to be disappointed that I was able to grab it before him. I could kinda see it on his face. 

Oh, Fokakis, you edged out the deal I got on Power Blade last Christmas ($12.50).  Snagged it out of a resale shop having a 50% off sale.  I would have been super jelly of that Last Starfighter, as I mourned its unavailability during my own trade with GamerNick, but I recently picked it up for $5 at a local flea market.

You and me both, Ikariniku.  I needed that Last Starfighter.  Great Power Blade find!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
all_kaps
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:32 PM »

Wow, Power Blade for 11 bucks? That's why I get mad when people say there aren't deals out there any more. There are....you just need to keep looking. Speaking of which, I stopped at a thrift store last week that's been hit or miss, and I'm glad I did. Over in the toy section, for $15 bucks, I grabbed this complete in box Dreamcast system. Finally! I own a Dreamcast! [img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/WksdjBd.jpg[/img]
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #410 on: August 13, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »

@Fokakis: Awesome grab on that Power Blade!

@all-kaps: You can play the ultimate gaming system IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE....

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2015, 02:25:44 AM »

Its thinking....

...about ice cream.

No that's just me.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2015, 01:07:48 PM »

...for $15 bucks, I grabbed this complete in box Dreamcast system. Finally! I own a Dreamcast!
[img width=384 height=512]http://i.imgur.com/WksdjBd.jpg[/img]
Wow, that's cheap... But what's the condition and does it work?
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »

@Addicted: Holy crap! That's a great looking Super Fami, and Gimmick! is fantastic. I haven't looked at prices on that one since I bought mine, but I hope the gaming gods were kind to you. I have I Am Error. I'm almost finished with it, and really enjoy it. Racing the Beam is another book in the same series about the 2600 if you enjoyed this one.

@Duke Thanks! I was happy to find one that wasn't discolored.

Regarding Gimmick! I paid a little more than normal for Gimmick but finding a legit copy has been really hard of late. It was still north of $225.

I started reading Racing the Beam but I need to finish I am Error first. Both books are great!

Have you played Majou Densetsu II? It inspired La Mulana which itself has been called a 2D Dark Souls.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #414 on: August 14, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »

Got some good finds and upgrades today.

I found some nice cassette drawers to upgrade my Master System and Genesis cart storage. 2 for $1, and these will keep my carts dust free!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/QLayzYv.jpg[/img]

Goodwill actually had a few nice PC games. I wanted Jade Empire more than the others, and it has everything with it, poster, art book, and manual.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/cKqjLlI.jpg[/img]

A longbox Tekken? This is a dupe for me, so if you want to buy or trade for it hit me up.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/QA1E6o3.jpg[/img]

This is a selfie of me in a thrift store.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/ibCTQ3H.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
TheBoss
3DO
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #415 on: August 14, 2015, 03:14:04 PM »

Lollypop, Steel Sky, Street Racer and Worms for PC
[img width=700 height=539]http://s25.postimg.cc/ecq5jxhjz/PCmix1_Front.jpg[/img]
Spoiler (hover to show)
Most likely played Worms but I know Steel Sky is also one of the more popular adventure games out on the Amiga. Lollypop is a fine platformer from 1994 and the PC CD edition even has some nice CD tracks. Street Racer is originally from the SNES in 1994 so it arrived late on both the PC and Amiga in 1997.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:29:54 AM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #416 on: August 14, 2015, 03:55:50 PM »

Email: dudes@team17.com Cheesy

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #417 on: August 14, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »

Hey now,

Picked up my first Australian PSP games yesterday.

[img width=700 height=352]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/score%208-14-2015b_zpsmsnrjtf2.jpg[/img]

Aaand a stack o' stuff I bought off of Bickman's sale thread arrived today.

[img width=550 height=768]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/score%208-14-2015a_zps42p3d2px.jpg?t=1439500929[/img]

- 'Late

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2015, 04:29:29 PM »

Solar Fox is great.  http://www.rfgeneration.c...crom99/Solar-Fox-1669.php

Be careful getting into the world of Super Chargers. It's a lowly hole for only the bravest and most insane 2600 collectors.......like me
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:31:20 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #419 on: August 14, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »

Have you played Majou Densetsu II? It inspired La Mulana which itself has been called a 2D Dark Souls.

I own it, but haven't done more than test it. You have me intrigued with your description. Now if I could only peel myself away from the real Dark Souls.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/03567F46-0D58-4A40-8516-A94BBA461657_zpsod2ajigv.jpg[/img]

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 306 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length