RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 04:16:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Revolution Video 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Revolution Video  (Read 1283 times)
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: May 14, 2005, 07:12:10 AM »

Its got to be a fake, but its a good one.

and its alot more exciting than that stupid ass MTV/360 unvieling.
(why did a hobbit host that show?  thanks for the gameplay video... or any useful info on the 360.)

IGN says the video of the revolution is fake so it must be...
here's the link to IGN:  http://media.cube.ign.com...es/613/613578/vids_1.html

i found this video at:  http://www.joystiq.com/en...234000180043335/#comments
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 07:47:06 AM »

just watched the video of the second time.  its got to be fake, but it is so good.
i dont want it to be fake.  it has to be though.  who ever made this did an outstanding job on it.
the "brain" has a record button on it that also makes me think it is fake.  why would nintendo put a record button on a console?  i dont know.

but this video and the release of the video has just made the XBOX 360 look silly.
and the xbox is my favorite console right now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 07:48:18 AM by shadytool » Logged
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 08:40:25 AM »

The graphics are very well done, but there are a lot of things wrong with it.  First, there is NO dialogue, and the music is terrible.  The editing is average at best.  And, when introducing a new video game console that you want the public to enjoy, I think the number one rule is NOT to mention Virtual Boy.  Also, it is very very slow-paced, and my attention span was dwindling before they even got to the castles from Super Mario 64.  And then there is the fact that Nintendo made a statement about the system's size (which to me is incredible).  Somebody sure did go to a lot of effort on this.....  And they are clearly a good graphic artist.

I missed the Xbox 360 thing on MTV, but from what I have heard, it sounded really dumb.  I guess it doesn't surprise me though, since by putting it on MTV rather than G4, Microsoft was pretty blatantly saying it was a stunt to look cool, not to actually give info to....  you know -- gamers.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:18:29 AM »

I bet it was commissioned by Nintendo to create hype, as no one in their right mind would take the time to render and edit that monstrosity. It could be a much more expensive attempt at ilovebees, but then who knows.

They way I see it right now, the first launcher gets the spoils.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 05:22:37 PM »

:zzz:

No I don't think so.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 07:00:10 AM »

maybe mike can transulate this page better than google can... but it seems the guy that made this video is there.
http://translate.google.c...mp;prev=%2Flanguage_tools

ps - i didnt mean to bore you scott.  
i have just been lurking and havent even seen anything about ourcolony.com on here.
that seems boring to me.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 08:41:11 AM »

ps - i didnt mean to bore you scott.  
i have just been lurking and havent even seen anything about ourcolony.com on here.
that seems boring to me.

You didn't bore me but like Mike said after a few minutes that video did.

Wjy have you benn lurking? Nice to see you post again. I like the new avatar.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 08:55:25 AM »

my upload pics are too big to attach them. Sad  or i could show you whtat i have een doing.

maybe some leaked revolution logos:  http://gamesblog.it/post/...ncora-sul-revolution#more

source:  www.joystiq.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length