RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:37:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Interesting Items on eBay 0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 Print
Author Topic: Interesting Items on eBay  (Read 131777 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #705 on: March 29, 2009, 08:23:42 AM »

Massive lots tend to be in the couple thousand dollar area but they also tend to have a VERY low per item cost.
That auction didn't have anything super rare to make it go for that much. Half the controllers and systems are probably dead.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #706 on: March 29, 2009, 08:26:36 AM »

Massive lots tend to be in the couple thousand dollar area but they also tend to have a VERY low per item cost.
I find that odd. If you buy a massive lot you can have a nice collection with one click. They should have a higher per item cost simply because of all the time/money saved on finding everything in thrift stores, etc...
Tan
« Reply #707 on: March 29, 2009, 11:23:26 AM »

1500 games & 30 systems, mostly loose, 1100 of those games are duplicates. $22,000 US. Methinks he double tapped that last zero on this one. Shocked
I assume it's worth a try. Wink

I would say $2,200 USD for that lot is too little though. When a lot is that big, it really saves the buyer hundreds of hours compared to when you'd buy all those games individually. I don't think you're supposed to look at the price per game with lots this big, but the overal advantage you get from buying so much games in one go. I think $4,000 would be a fair price for that.

You could go from having no NES collection to having a massive NES collection, just by buying this lot. That's worth a lot of money, too.

You would have 419 games and 1100 duplicates to unload. 419 is half the NES library or so but not a massive collection by the standards of those here who have NES games. That means you have to get $15 or more for each duplicate to break even assuming you can get $25 per system. Know anyone who'd buy Mario/Duck hunt for $15? How about 50 of them?

LABELS ARE IN VARIOUS CONDITION, MOST IN VERY GOOD TO GOOD, SOME IN LIKE NEW AND SOME HAVE STICKERS OR NAMES WRITTEN ON THEM AND SOME LABEL PROBLEMS
SYSTEMS HAVE BEEN SPOT CHECKED, WITH SOME NEEDING NEW PINS, WHICH IS AN EASY, QUICK AND CHEAP FIX, AND SOME JUST NEED CLEANING

Considering they are mostly loose carts in various condition and some of the systems need repair/cleaning, $5000 would be too much.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #708 on: March 29, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »

You would have 419 games and 1100 duplicates to unload. 419 is half the NES library or so but not a massive collection by the standards of those here who have NES games. That means you have to get $15 or more for each duplicate to break even assuming you can get $25 per system. Know anyone who'd buy Mario/Duck hunt for $15? How about 50 of them?
What you're saying makes perfect sense but you're looking at it too objectively, in my opinion.

Again, part of the money you're paying wouldn't be for the games/items themselves but for the tons of time you save by buying such a huge lot.
Tell me, what takes less time? Buying 419 games one by one in garage sales, pawn shops, eBay and thrift stores or buying them all at once? I think the answer is an obvious one.

That doesn't mean I think buying a huge lot like that is better. In fact, I'd much rather buy a few games at a time because it's more exciting when you come across something new and you'll have a much greater emotional bond with a collection you've built up yourself as opposed to someone else's collection you've bought with one click of the mouse.

That's why I think (rich) people with very little time to spend should pay more for their games than those who go through the effort of building a collection from scratch. That's why I think the price per item on such massive lots should be bigger than on smaller ones, but I guess I'm alone in my thinking. Tongue
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #709 on: March 29, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »

What you're saying makes perfect sense but you're looking at it too objectively, in my opinion.

Again, part of the money you're paying wouldn't be for the games/items themselves but for the tons of time you save by buying such a huge lot.
Tell me, what takes less time? Buying 419 games one by one in garage sales, pawn shops, eBay and thrift stores or buying them all at once? I think the answer is an obvious one.

That doesn't mean I think buying a huge lot like that is better. In fact, I'd much rather buy a few games at a time because it's more exciting when you come across something new and you'll have a much greater emotional bond with a collection you've built up yourself as opposed to someone else's collection you've bought with one click of the mouse.

That's why I think (rich) people with very little time to spend should pay more for their games than those who go through the effort of building a collection from scratch. That's why I think the price per item on such massive lots should be bigger than on smaller ones, but I guess I'm alone in my thinking. Tongue

I completely understand with what you're saying Sirgin, that one should pay a little more for the convenience. But, it just doesn't work like that since we have the mindset of "the more you buy, the more you save".
And yes, it is easier for the buyer to buy a huge lot, but it is also a lot easier for the seller to sell everything he owns as one lot, so that's one reason he should be willing to sell them cheaper as a lot.

Just as an example from my own experience, I'm trying to sell about 100 Atari games that, individually priced, might average $2 each, but if I could sell the whole lot for $100, I would in a heartbeat. It makes it a whole lot easier for me and even though it makes it easier for the buyer as well, I wouldn't even think of having an extra "convenience" fee.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #710 on: March 29, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »

I completely understand with what you're saying Sirgin, that one should pay a little more for the convenience. But, it just doesn't work like that since we have the mindset of "the more you buy, the more you save".
And yes, it is easier for the buyer to buy a huge lot, but it is also a lot easier for the seller to sell everything he owns as one lot, so that's one reason he should be willing to sell them cheaper as a lot.

Just as an example from my own experience, I'm trying to sell about 100 Atari games that, individually priced, might average $2 each, but if I could sell the whole lot for $100, I would in a heartbeat. It makes it a whole lot easier for me and even though it makes it easier for the buyer as well, I wouldn't even think of having an extra "convenience" fee.

$100 for a lot of common 2600 games is a rip-off, in my eyes. Why? Cause even the classic game place that charges $11.99 for common N64 games has all common 2600's at either $0.49 or $0.99. Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Tan
« Reply #711 on: March 29, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »

You wouldn't save any time at all because you'll have to work your ass off just as hard getting rid of the dupes, especially if you want more than a couple dollars per cart. With the overall quality of these games being put into question by the owner, it's not even a good buy for someone with too much money on their hands as an instant collection. Tongue
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #712 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »

Best A/V selector I've ever used. 

$40 shipped.  Original retail was $99.  If it were black, I would be buying it and posting this in small scores.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J...4cfea94303#ht_2074wt_1026

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #713 on: March 31, 2012, 01:47:16 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ue&rt=nc#ht_500wt_898
 $455 Ngage game!  Who said there wasn't any love for the system?  haha

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #714 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ue&rt=nc#ht_500wt_898
 $455 Ngage game!  Who said there wasn't any love for the system?  haha

WTF!!!!!

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #715 on: April 02, 2012, 03:43:04 PM »

That is insane.  I know there are quite a few pricey Australian N64, but I don't know if they reach that much.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #716 on: April 11, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »

I haven't seen this before, what are those PCBs?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280859663890
FireStar
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #717 on: April 11, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »

At first I thought they were just games without shells (for whatever weird reason) but he says they are "copied games"  That doesn't really explain all the weird boards though.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #718 on: April 11, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »

They look like developer boards to test roms, and the roms that go with it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #719 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »

I haven't seen this before, what are those PCBs?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280859663890

My friends dad had those when I was a kid. The games are on the ROM chips and you just swap them out of the one cartridge.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length