RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:31:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Translucent Jaguar shell and cart shells 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Translucent Jaguar shell and cart shells  (Read 2259 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »

I just saw this on FB, so if you're interested you will need to act very quickly, but there is going to be a run of translucent Atari Jaguar shells, along with translucent cartridge shells:

https://www.facebook.com/...783316545070951?ref=br_tf

http://atariage.com/forum...console-pre-orders/page-4

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »

Those are pretty neat, I heard about them in the latest All Gen Gamers podcast.

There is also a Kickstarter going on now for some C64 shells from original molds:
https://www.kickstarter.c...g-in-new-coo?ref=category
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »

Too bad it's the 64c. If it was for the original 64 I would be more interested. It's cool to see these things getting out there. I'd really love a translucent NES shell.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 02:29:07 PM »

I ordered a console shell and a cartridge.  Since the molds will be altered (and, thus, unable to make more Jag shells), it seemed like this would be a cool thing to pick up.  Even though I don't have a Jag or even the intent to own one.

And, if the Retro VGS takes off, maybe I can pass the shell along down the road to support my goal of getting a Retro VGS full set.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »

I was tempted to get a shell for my Jag, but it may get sold off at some point so I held off. Those shells do look great though, and would make a nice collection piece for an Atari collector.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:49 PM »

The Jag's color scheme is perfect the way it is; you can't improve perfection.

What next, translucent Lynx shells? Oh great, I might have just given someone an idea...
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:18:52 PM »

I was tempted to get a shell for my Jag, but it may get sold off at some point so I held off. Those shells do look great though, and would make a nice collection piece for an Atari collector.

A note on the translucent shells.  They were made from the same molds as the dental equipment shells, so the pegs that hold the board don't match the Jaguar board.  They must be modded in the same way as the white dental shells to accept the Jaguar board.  However, on the plus side, I'm fairly sure the back plate is included, unlike with the white dental shells.

However, I doubt I'll mod my translucent shell, even if I get a Jag.  (And even though I said I didn't have the intent to own one, if the price is right, I may be interested in yours, Duke  Wink.)  I got it for four main reasons.

1. Trial purchase before I entrust large sums for the purchase of a Retro VGS

2.  As, I assume, the footprint of the Jaguar will match the Retro VGS, I'll use the shell as a stand-in for the upcoming console.

3. Piggy bank.  I'll need to save up for the Retro VGS, and this will be a fun way to do it.

4. Investment.  Once I'm done with the shell, it will be scalped off to someone who will enjoy it and give it a good home.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length