RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 12:29:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | a word of warning on those "new" 72 pin connectors 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: a word of warning on those "new" 72 pin connectors  (Read 835 times)
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« on: December 27, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »

I don't know the source for those 72 pin connectors that you see on eBay- I bought a couple and they were vacuum sealed with no packaging material, cardboard box, etc so it looks like they dont cleaned one from an old NES and vacuum sealed it.

well anyways, a lot of these 72 pins are much tighter than the original ones and it can be extremely difficult to pull a cartridge out. I highly advise against bending the pins in your current 72 pin connector

I believe the best way to increase functionality is 1) q-tip and rubbing alcohol directly on the contacts of the cartridge itself, and 2) the officially licensed NES cleaner that you move back and forth to clean the 72 pin connector- make sure you use rubbing alcohol. or 3) just get the top loader

I had to pull a game out of my console using a pliers once- it left some scrapes on the plastic.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 05:10:39 PM »

cleaning only helps so much though. if the pins are loose, no amount of cleaning will help because the pins aren't even touching the cartridge connector properly. i agree the new ones can be pretty tight but after a few uses they go more or less back to "normal". there's nothing wrong with the bending up the pins trick but it's a temporary fix at best.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length