RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2024, 04:27:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Fed up with PS1 Backgammon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fed up with PS1 Backgammon  (Read 719 times)
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« on: April 24, 2005, 01:46:34 AM »

It cheats. I don't mind losing. But, on the higher skill levels, it just cheats.

It nearly always rolls highest score and goes first. Nearly always rolls a natural, and when I am about to gammon, rolls a double six and bears a token off.

I've been playing on level 6 for hours on and off, and the dice rolls are def. more favourable to the A.l

kinda pointless playing

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 03:30:58 AM »

I really dispise games like that, where ramping up the difficulty simply means the AI cheats to win.

Take Pro Evolution Soccer 4 for instance.  On 6 stars, the AI gets away with countless blatant fouls, and whenever you get the ball you are always swarmed by 2 or 3 players - something that would be impossible for any normal player to do.

Another series that come to mind is NBA Jam/Hangtime, where the computer would simply become invincible if you ever got more than 10 points ahead of them, until the point where they managed to level the score out again.  And, if you've player Counter-Strike with bots, even at medium level they pretty dumb in movement and so on, although if they see you, they turn into an all-conquering aimbot.

Also, RTS games on top difficulty generally means that the computer can simply do an inordinate amount of micromanagement at once, which could never be achieved by a regular player.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 03:32:11 AM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 04:20:23 AM »

In games of chance making the difficulty higher is basically like giving the AI a set deck or loaded dice. I run into AI cheating alot in BlackJack games.

As for RTS games those get extremely lower build times and are allowed to build multiple things at once when they should not be able to.

Just to try it out i was playing a Brutal AI on Command & Conquer: Red Alert and C&C: RA 2. Well i rushed the enemy base as soon as the game started. Of course all my forces were obliterated but i had a few minutes to watch the computer build in each case before they destroyed my only building.

It built 2 or more buildings at once and at a drastically increased speed. People build one power plant then a baracks then something else. It would build 2 power plants at the exact same time then a barracks and while churning out soldiers it would drop an Ore Refinery and a War Factory.

None of that probably means anything to most of you but essentially it was doing 10-15 minutes of building(if you did it as quickly and efficiently as the game allows the user) in under 5 minutes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length