RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2024, 01:17:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Hand Held Game Storage 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hand Held Game Storage  (Read 6008 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:47 PM »

So I have many loose hand held games and I'm trying to find a way of storing them.  I was thinking of using some sort of tackle box.  I wanted to see what other people are using and if you are using a tackle box, what kind that fits the biggest of hand held games (probably UMD's being the biggest).  Thanks!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »

before I recently set aside all loose games to sell I had been tossing mine in a drawer. I feel like with any game storage/display, something custom is probably the best way to go. if you don't have too many, something like this might be nice to display them face-out:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s...8BBjBSKn(2znWw~~60_35.JPG

if you have a lot of them, maybe something similar to a cassette tape storage drawer/box but with smaller slots made for portable games.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »

I was actually storing most of my loose handheld games in a large tackle box for a while, but i realized it was too big and bulky.  Going with smaller tackle trays seems to work a lot better, and they are easier to store.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:06:53 PM »

A lot of people use three ring binders with trading card pages.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »

^Almost positive someone put up pics of their GB collection in card binders.
It was really cool.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:39:05 PM »

ok i change my answer to card binders, that sounds really cool
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 10:18:27 PM »

I am using a wooden box I made in High school in woodworking class, I didn't make it thinking it would hold my games, but it has worked for a long time, I am just getting too many games to fit all of them in it any more. It holds 30 GB/GBC games in the bottom stacked 5 high in 6 stacks, then the top shelf holds 36 GBA games stacked in 6 rows of 6 games.

I had never thought to use card sleeves, but that will likely be the way I go in the end. That is an amazing idea.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 12:29:32 AM »

Yeah, I totally recommend card holders in 3-ring binders.  I have

*goes and counts*

12 binders on the shelf holding my portable games, including GBA, GB, GBC, Lynx, Game.com, and Neo Geo Pocket.  They work great, give easy access, and if you get the kind of binders with clear-sleeve outsides for labeling, you can make them look pretty cool too.

If only they fit Game Gear games...

Keelah se'lai
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 04:21:06 AM »

I have thought about using the 3 Ring Binder method...for me its a room issue.  I like mine in the little tote they are stored in nice and neatly, and the Game Gear games are in a cabinet all nice and snug.  The 3 Ring Binder method also consists of when you take it off the shelf and tip it side ways the games fallout ;-) something to keep in mind.  BUT Slack you need the binders...you have just way too many ;-)

*drools over slackurs collection*

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »

I have thought about using the 3 Ring Binder method...for me its a room issue.  I like mine in the little tote they are stored in nice and neatly, and the Game Gear games are in a cabinet all nice and snug.  The 3 Ring Binder method also consists of when you take it off the shelf and tip it side ways the games fallout ;-) something to keep in mind.  BUT Slack you need the binders...you have just way too many ;-)

Got pictures of how you store them?

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »

Yeah, I totally recommend card holders in 3-ring binders.  I have

*goes and counts*

12 binders on the shelf holding my portable games, including GBA, GB, GBC, Lynx, Game.com, and Neo Geo Pocket.  They work great, give easy access, and if you get the kind of binders with clear-sleeve outsides for labeling, you can make them look pretty cool too.

If only they fit Game Gear games...

Got some pictures?  I'd like to see how you store them.

SMS set complete!
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »

Sure, I'll put some up here soon; our whole family has taken sick this week and I'm just kinda lying here on the couch, so it may be a bit... Tongue

Keelah se'lai
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

Velveeta Cheese boxes. Perfect size for GB carts. I haven't tried the others, but I would guess they would be fine as well.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »

Nick, being a card collector, I'm surprised you haven't thought about using the pages with the individual card holders with the flaps. They have some premium ones that will seal to help prevent that, or you could just buy some velcro.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »

I'll post a pic when I get home. I love how mine are stored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length