RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 01:18:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Master System Phaser Question 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Master System Phaser Question  (Read 1438 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: April 18, 2005, 05:14:13 PM »

I have a question for you Master System owners out there.  As I mentioned in another thread, I just got a second Master System today.  My old one never quite worked right (or it may have been the cables - I should check that), so I didn't ever use the Phaser I had.  Now I have two.  The new system seems to work just fine, but I have one problem.  Both my new and old Phasers are terribly innacurate.  Is this because I'm playing on a flat screen TV rather than an old rounded tube?  Or are the guns just really flaky and probably broken?  Anyone else have similar problems with the Master System Phasers?

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 02:16:19 AM »

I don't have a phaser at the moment, sold mine a while back.

However, I have played phaser games more than most. For instance, I must be one of the only people in the world to know that Safari Hunt actually comes to an end!

After hundreds of level a message "Go hunt the hun with a real gun" appears, and the game stops!

Anyway, in answer to your question, it's pretty accurate. I've played clay shoot on a 4.5" b&w telly, and on a huge colour telly too. Your theory about flat screens sounds plausible, as I sold the phaser before I got our widescreen telly, and before that we had an olderf style mitsubishi telly.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 06:27:53 AM »

do you have an older tv to test them on? you may be on to something.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 04:03:22 PM »

Yeah, I do.  I'll check it out later tonight.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 08:32:28 AM »

If they are both trashed I've got an extra one. It works great but is missing a piece on the back of the gun. you could pop it off one of yours though.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 08:31:57 AM »

I read a while ago that retro light-guns either don't work or aren't accurate on modern flatscreen TVs.  So I guess you're right, it has to do with your TV.  Too bad that more and more modern technologies have become incompatible with retro technologies, and vice versa.

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 09:02:41 AM »

I remember reading that some light guns don't work on LCD screens and that it had something to do with the scan lines not being there (I think it was the SNES SuperScope that was mentioned).  I have no idea if the SMS gun is one of these but if it is I wonder if there are specific PAL vs NTSC light guns that are calibrated to the 50hz vs 60hz.  Even if this was true it would seems hard to believe you ended up with two PAL versions.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length