RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 07:53:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | This make me mad!!! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: This make me mad!!!  (Read 5514 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 04:42:14 PM »

In case you didn't read the underlying message in his sarcasm, the man has a very valid point.

And, I'd like to second what TraderJake said.  He pretty much covered everything I was thinking while reading through this thread.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 05:11:31 PM »

Yeah, i prolly would have said about the same thing, but i'm much too lazy to type all that.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 07:14:34 PM »

In case you didn't read the underlying message in his sarcasm, the man has a very valid point.

And, I'd like to second what TraderJake said.  He pretty much covered everything I was thinking while reading through this thread.

I didnt see any sarcasm in that post.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 07:26:40 PM »

I disagree with about 99.9% of what TradeJake said. I am not even looking at this from a religious stand point.

Killing is wrong but if you choose to kill someone then yes you deserve to die. Why should I a person that lives within the law and pays taxes pay for you to live in jail. F that you are useless to society so I don't think I should pay for you to live.

And don't say some handicap people don't help society. They did not choose to be that way.

As far as murder is concerned yes eye for an eye is fine by me. Then when the government kills the murder show it on public TV so anyone that wants to watch can.

For repeat rape offenders sure why not cut off their genitalia?

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 07:30:51 PM »

I didnt see any sarcasm in that post.

That's most likely because you didn't get the jesuit reference.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 08:03:54 PM »

That's most likely because you didn't get the jesuit reference.

I didnt think he was talking about traderjake.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 08:27:26 PM »

Yeah, its ambiguous.  Could be arr or jake.  Ignore me.
The jesuits are odd.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 08:31:38 PM »

Ignore me.

Done   Wink  
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 08:32:37 PM by tynstar » Logged

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »

I'm with Scott. Eye for an eye - period.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 02:27:39 AM »

Please do me a favor and go fuck yourself.

Oh, I'm sorry. It's only a good solution if OTHER innocent people get killed.There I was, for a moment, thinking it would be an equally good system no matter who got innocently killed. Silly me.

Don't worry though, you won't make much of a chance of getting innocently killed. It's mostly poor black kids. What a relief!
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 05:55:14 AM »

Don't worry though, you won't make much of a chance of getting innocently killed. It's mostly poor black kids. What a relief!

I disagree.... I think anybody who cant afford a good defense is shit out of luck wether they be innocent or guilty. ( t does not matter what color skin)

Jagdiesel
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 06:54:11 AM »

This could be one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever read!
Only a miniscule number of those released from prison due to new evidence/dna are truly innocent people.  There is a reason these people were suspects in the first place - their criminal pasts!  Do people change?  Sure.  But give me a break - our current penal system is a revolving door for 99% of the criminals.  
I say go back to the "Cool Hand Luke" type of prison and see how crime goes.  Rehabilitation for committing a crime?  No!  I say punishment!!!

Why dis hafta happen, Forrest?
You got shot, Bubba.
I wanna go home Forrest, I wan go home...
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 07:00:07 AM »

So what are you trying to say? The ones that are released may be innocent of the crime they were imprisoned for, but they probably did other criminal stuff in the past so they deserve to be there anyway? Without being prosecuted for it?
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 07:16:02 AM »

This is one of those topics that I try not to comment on because I always end up getting pissed off.

If you have been convicted of murdering someone (that's murdering not just killing) then you absolutley should die.  There is no rehabilitating someone like that.  They have already proved how little they think of thier fellow man, so I think we should return the favor.

Trader Jake mentioned (not trying to start a fight here) Hammurabi's code.  That is the arguement that I hear the most when this comes up.  The fact is that that is a bizarre absolute.  It is no different than if you were to say to somebody "You know that new guy that just started working here?  The black guy?  I heard he does crack" and then the other person says "What are you saying?!?!  That all black people do crack?!?!".  Just because one instance is used, it doesn't mean that all should be associated.

I definatley think that the punishment should fit the crime to a certain extent.  If you murder someone....bye.  See ya.  We don't need you here.  If you steal a candy bar, than you should be forced to cough up 50 cents.  The problem with Hammurabbis code is that it works on the premise that the most stern punishment should be applied no matter what the crime.  

I do agree that more needs to be done to make sure that innocent people do not get executed.  If there is even a sliver of a possibility that someone could be innocent, then they should not be executed.  The fact is that as soon as somebody is put on death row, there are almost constant investigations going on into that persons case.  If they can't find anything then I would say that there is a good chance that they did it.  Off they go.

It's this kind of statement that pisses me off the most.  In the 80's in Detroit, our police department would dress police officers up like homeless people and just sit on the street and wait to get robbed.  As soon as they got robbed, those who were robbing the officers got arrested.  Our mayor at the time, who was a black man, cut the program because 90% of the people that were getting arrested were black and he said that it was a racist program.  These thieves were not baited in any way.  The officers did not go up to young black kids and flash money in front of them.  They sat on a street corner and let the scum of the city come to them.
I'm not trying to say that black people are more criminally active than white people.  The fact is that people in impovrished areas are more likely to commit crimes because in thier dilluted world views, that is the only way to get ahead and most of the poorer areas in this country are mostly populated by black people.  Frankly the mentality in some of these areas is retarded.  There is no other way to put it.  Young black kids are born into poor families (because apparently only black people are poor.  There has never in history been a poor white family.  Roll Eyes).  Instead of doing things the hard way and going to school, getting a job and trying to be an asset to the community, he grabs a gun, joins a gang, and blames the white man.  Accountability is completely non-existant, and I am tired of apologizing for being white.

Alright, time to stop and calm down.  Breathe.  Good.  I hope no thinks that I was attacking them directly here, just airing some of my opinions.  I could have gone on for much longer, but I have to actually do some work.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2005, 07:31:33 AM »

Killing is wrong but if you choose to kill someone then yes you deserve to die. Why should I a person that lives within the law and pays taxes pay for you to live in jail. F that you are useless to society so I don't think I should pay for you to live.

Well if you really must know, keeping somebody on death row for so many years, adding in appeals, and then executing them is actually more expensive than just locking them up in a cell.  Sooooo this argument pretty much is null and void.

As for the black people thing.  Yes, blacks have a MUCH higher chance of being put in prison, and yes they have a MUCH higher chance of being convicted than whites.  So, even if more of them end up in court, a higher percentage of them end up convicted as compared to whites.  Injustice?  Yep.

However, more whites than blacks are on death row in this country, so that doesn't really appy to the death penalty.  If the person killed is a white person, the chance that the murderer will receive the death penalty is MUCH higher than if the murdered person was black.  Also injustice?  Yep.  Proof that the system really isn't working correctly?  Yeah.

I don't agree with the death penalty from a moral standpoint, but I think some of you who are so much in love with it should reconsider the facts: it costs more money, it does allow some innocents through the cracks (even with today's technology), and it is twisted on race (not towards killing more blacks, but based on who was murdered).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length