RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 03:12:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | E3 2014 Discussion Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: E3 2014 Discussion Thread  (Read 3150 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »

So, let's discuss this year's E3.

I'm definitely pre-ordering the limited edition of Persona Q.

It may also be time to pick up a Wii U.  With Mario Kart 8 having just been released, plus the announced Kirby, Yoshi, Zelda, SMT X Fire Emblem, Super Smash, plus STAR FOX!!!, I might pick one up this Christmas.

I'm probably gonna pick up Persona 5 on launch, as well as Batman: Arkham Knight.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:23:47 PM »

I really want a copy of No Man's Sky

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
CoinCollector
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »

Yeah, Wii U is looking pretty great.  Lots of cool Nintendo stuff, especially Splatoon!!!  Brand new IP from Nintendo finally, and looks like a blast.  Non-violent shooter, fun characters, bizarre, and looks super deep.  Man.

Conker in Project Spark was the highlight of the Microsoft conference for me.  At first I was shocked and confused - here was Conker finally back after 9 years, but he was saying it was up to us to make a new game??  So mind boggling, I had absolutely no idea what to think and how to interpret it, but calmed down once I learned Chris Seavor voiced him, giving it his stamp of approval basically.  Great to see any Rare character back, especially Conker!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »

Wii U is looking killer this year. Batman: Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End are both gonna be awesome PS4 games. Project Spark looks quite interesting as well.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »

I thought Microsoft had a fairly impressive showing this year.  Some nice looking exclusives on the horizon as well as the new Kinect-less SKU may just persuade me to buy an Xbox One later this year....

Wii U is looking killer this year. Batman: Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End are both gonna be awesome PS4 games. Project Spark looks quite interesting as well.

Agreed.  I watched the Sony press conference live, and I was waiting for the Uncharted 4 announcement the entire time.  I'm stoked for that one!

Lots of good stuff being shown this year, and I still haven't checked out the majority of it all.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »

I agree that the Wii U is even more intriguing now than ever, getting some solid games behind it was all it really needed for me. I am also fascinated by the announcement of Hyrule Warriors.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »

SURE. NOW EVERYONE IS INTERESTED IN A DYNASTY WARRIORS-STYLE GAME AFTER THEY ADDED LINK. No one batted an eye at Gundam, Fist of the North Star, or even One Piece...

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »

So not having looked into any of these at all and based solely on titles IGN has listed i am interested in:

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom*
 Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
 Costume Quest 2*
 Crackdown
 Criterion Racing Game* (Someone tell me it was a new Burnout that was like Takedown/Revenge)
 The Evil Within (cool sounding title Tongue )
 Evolve* (Which i do know a bit about)
 Fable Legends*
 Gears of War 4
 Grim Fandango Remastered*
 Halo 5: Guardians*
 Halo: The Master Chief Collection (assume it would have all current Halo series entries. Entry specific online would be awesome too but i doubt that would ever happen)
 Hyrule Warriors*
 Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
 The Legend of Zelda for Wii U*
 Mario Maker
 Mario Party 10
 Mirror's Edge 2* (HOLY CRAP IS THIS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN? I never gave the original a fair try. It had so much hype though i was kinda surprised it was sidelined before)
 Mortal Kombat X* (duh)
 Sonic Boom*
 Star Fox Wii U*
 Super Smash Bros for Wii U*
 Tales from the Borderlands
 Tetris Ultimate*
 Yoshi's Wooly World

*IGN has confirmed with the publisher that this game will appear at E3 in some form, not necessarily playable.

Looking like i might have to get a Wii U and/or One in the next year or 2.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »

Entry specific online is included with Master Chief Collection. It does not have Halo Wars or Reach since those do not follow Master Chief. 4000 GS, and you'll be able to jump into the various matchmaking hoppers and missions directly from the Main Menu.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »

Criterion Racing Game* (Someone tell me it was a new Burnout that was like Takedown/Revenge)

Psshaw.  I hope it's like Burnout Paradise.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 07:26:18 PM »

Entry specific online is included with Master Chief Collection. It does not have Halo Wars or Reach since those do not follow Master Chief. 4000 GS, and you'll be able to jump into the various matchmaking hoppers and missions directly from the Main Menu.

Awesome. I have a feeling i would spend a LOT of time in Halo 2 online if it was the same as i remembered it.

I never played Paradise but the open world description of it made me think of several other racing games i have played. TDU and Driver San Fran (assuming i am remembering both games accurately.) though they are both rather different game play wise i would assume Paradise would be even more unique since it was Burnout.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »

I much prefer Burnout 3 to all the others.
WHY was "Single Event" removed from Revenge? I like being able to pick mode/tracks/direction/AI cars...
Dominator had "Record Breaker" mode which was like "Single Event", though I don't like the tracks and cars in Dominator...

What we need is a non portable version of Burnout Legends, with all the modes, tracks, music and cars from the previous games. Also, tracks to be linked up to make one HUGE track...
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »

How has the thread progressed this far with no talk of Far Cry 4? For me, that was the best game shown. Overall, I think Nintendo had the best presser, with Microsoft next, then Ubisoft, then Sony. How does Sony get away with talking so much about TV when everyone crapped on MS last year for it?

The Nintendo show was great, and makes me more and more interested in a Wii U. If they can get the price down on it I will be in the market. Bayonetta being included with Bayonetta 2 is a great move, and Devil's Third being exclusive are great. Splatoon looked like real fun, and of course Smash Bros. just keeps looking better. It's telling that the spent no real time on the 3DS,  and I think they put the focus where they needed to.

Microsoft's show set the right tone. It shows that they are back to taking gaming seriously, and they will do what it takes to get on track. The ID@Xbox stuff intrigued me, especially the amazing looking Cuphead. Knowing that another Crackdown is coming also made me very happy.

Ubisoft always has a different flavor to their event, but I think they did well. Far Cry 4 of course is fantastic, and is a definite buy for me. Co-op looked great, and I am glad to see they are giving you even more options to mix up the combat. Just Dance games go over well in my house, so that was another plus even if it was a given. Lastly, a new Rainbox 6 game is always welcome.

Sony's show was really long and meandering, and I felt like it lacked focus. No Man's Sky looked good, and I'll be interested to learn more about From Software's new game, but not much else impressed me in terms of exclusives. They even kicked Sony fans a couple times about Vib Ribbon, which they somehow forgot that they never released in the US? Nothing going on here to sell me a PS4. My Vita continues to collect dust.

EA probably had the worst of the bunch for me, with the only interesting bit being Dragon Age Inquisition which was over rather quickly. I really wished that there would have been a Dead Space teaser, but maybe after the 3rd one there isn't much chance of seeing it for a bit.

I didn't watch anything from Activision, and haven't had time to really check Square's stuff.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »

Wasn't MKX part of the Sony portion? Or did i read that wrong somewhere?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »

Wasn't MKX part of the Sony portion? Or did i read that wrong somewhere?

It was shown there, but not an exclusive.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length