RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 05:17:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | LEGO Racers N64 Jolt Pack information wanted! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LEGO Racers N64 Jolt Pack information wanted!  (Read 1567 times)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »

Does anyone have any information about how these were released?
[img width=500 height=375]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iLlRBQM1mr3uBQ~~60_12.JPG[/img]
Were they bundled with the game at some point, or sold separately?

There's was one on eBay which I am thinking about buying have bought, and I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:10:10 PM by mumboking » Logged
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »

It looks to be a variant of the Joy Tech Jolt Pack:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm...N&hash=item2ed21e52b9

You can see one that is almost identical here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J...s&hash=item2a3741e8f8

I'm not sure if the Lego one is just a rumble pack or a rumble + memory pack.

Looking at the sticker on the following auction it looks to be factory applied. I wonder if it is a memory card + rumble pack combo that contains lego racers data.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm...S&hash=item3ccbce4539

It looks like the company name is Joy Tech Europe:

As of September 7, 2007, Joytech Europe, Ltd. was acquired by Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Joytech Europe, Ltd. designs, manufactures, and distributes video game peripherals in the United Kingdom, Europe, and North America. Its products include play stations, Xbox, digital LCD monitors, tuners and adapters, wireless and analog controllers, racing wheels, memory and power stations, digital optical cables, fusion charging station and controller skin, cooling fans, power grip, movie charge stand, carry cases, memory packs, racing grip, silicon gloves, shooters, and game pads. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Windsor, United Kingdom with offices in France, Germany, Italy, Benelux, Australia, and Hong Kong

From the manual:

*The unlocked Circuits will be saved to a Controller Pak if one is
inserted. If you do not have a Controller Pak, Circuits can still be unlocked,
but the unlocked information will be lost when the Control Deck is turned off.

This makes me believe that the item listed above is a two in one. It is a memory card and rumble pack. This way you can save and have rumble.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:43:22 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »

I think it's just a rumble pack... Not much information about this item anywhere... Undecided
Seems there was a WWF branded one too: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281345784285

Ah whatever, I just bought the LEGO one. A bit expensive for one item (~$8.31), but I have no N64 rumble packs and it goes well with my N64 LEGO Racers.

EDIT:
This makes me believe that the item listed above is a two in one. It is a memory card and rumble pack. This way you can save and have rumble.
Could just mean a regular pak; I guess I'll find out when I receive it.

The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Windsor, United Kingdom
Heh, there's a LEGOLand in Windsor.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:47:00 PM by mumboking » Logged
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »

@mumboking: Thanks for the link! I'd love to know if it is just the rumble pack or a combo pack. I'm sure Shadow would say add it to the database as well.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »

Wink

Always eager to get things in the database, especially if there are images involved.

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:35:46 PM »

Well, it arrived today. I've just submitted it, but haven't taken pics yet and I have pics at the ready.
It is rumble only. It is a VERY tight fit to get it in and out of the controller.

EDIT: Pics submitted, hopefully they'll be approved in the right order.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:57:04 PM by mumboking » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length