RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2024, 06:16:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | FREE SHIPPING on orders of over $50 has launched at Off the Charts 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FREE SHIPPING on orders of over $50 has launched at Off the Charts  (Read 3031 times)
otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »

Hey guys,

I have been sort of a background dweller on the forum, but a long-time listener of the podcast. I've posted about my site on here a few times. We are a site built for collectors that shows actual pictures of every game and describes the condition specifically in a dropdown menu in each game listing.

Anyhow, we just launched free shipping for orders over $50 on our site. We have been told, and I strongly believe, that our pricing is really fair and collector friendly! Stop by and check it out!

http://www.otcvideogames.com

Thanks!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:24 PM »

judging from your n64 games alone, you have very fair prices. one suggestion i'd like to make, especially since you seem to be targetting collectors, is that you should have some way to indicate if a game comes with box or manual in the thumbnail lists of games. i can't tell if none of these have that and so you just didn't say anything, or if some might have a box or manual and checking the pictures would be my only way to find out.

otherwise the site looks great! bookmarked for later.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »

Good prices on the Atari and NES games.  Just made a decent sized order of fillers and a few wanted titles.  Free shipping is a plus for purchases like these.  It is sure to draw collectors in.  The site was easy to navigate and having pictures of the actual items is excellent.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »

It looks like you have a nice site coming together, with very fair pricing. I'm sure if you keep it up you will do well. Thanks for listening to the show!

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:12:34 PM »

I like the site and the prices are really good. I agree with techwizard though. Having the level of completion right on the search page would save us collectors a lot of time.

otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »

judging from your n64 games alone, you have very fair prices. one suggestion i'd like to make, especially since you seem to be targetting collectors, is that you should have some way to indicate if a game comes with box or manual in the thumbnail lists of games. i can't tell if none of these have that and so you just didn't say anything, or if some might have a box or manual and checking the pictures would be my only way to find out.

otherwise the site looks great! bookmarked for later.

Yes, we have this in the works. It will actually be separate categories, so you will either be searching in games, manuals, or boxes. I'm still working out the kinks. Sadly, the site doesn't yet generate enough traffic to justify getting all of our boxes up there, so we've been pairing many of them up with cartridges for the eBay account and/or selling them through the forums (mostly NA) and to local collectors.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »

Saw a couple of titles I might be interested in for the near future. Also noticed Zelda for the CD-I. If I owned a CD-I and could experience its infamy for myself, I would snag it. ha ha

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 12:04:16 AM »

Google CD-I emulator Wink

CARBAG
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 07:21:34 AM »

Does this offer apply to canadian shoppers too ? Wink
CKsGallery
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »

Just put in a nice NES & SNES order! Surprised how many more common games I still need for NES.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »

Just took a quick look...

First thing I immediately wanted: The ability to sort/filter by price. I was initially interested in filling in some commons, but wanted to know what expensive titles you had as well in case something immediately grabbed me.

Another thing: How do you indicate if you have more than 1 in stock? Multiple listings, or will it just show the one?

Also: I hate to be the person to ask, but are your trade-ins competitive, meaning > 25% of value for cash and > 50% of value for credit? I know it's subjective based on the traded item and condition, but I would actually think of sending things over for a couple items you're offering.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:53:30 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »

Does this offer apply to canadian shoppers too ? Wink

Not at this time. I'm looking into options for better shipping rates to Canada in the future!
otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »

Just took a quick look...

First thing I immediately wanted: The ability to sort/filter by price. I was initially interested in filling in some commons, but wanted to know what expensive titles you had as well in case something immediately grabbed me.

Another thing: How do you indicate if you have more than 1 in stock? Multiple listings, or will it just show the one?

Also: I hate to be the person to ask, but are your trade-ins competitive, meaning > 25% of value for cash and > 50% of value for credit? I know it's subjective based on the traded item and condition, but I would actually think of sending things over for a couple items you're offering.

I usually do 50% cash and 65% credit using the prices I sell things at. If it is a lot of stuff, I send pre-paid labels through UPS and FedEx so no cash ever has to leave your (or any seller's) hands.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »

Interesting to note. I literally have 2 banker boxes full of Atari 2600 carts sitting in the trunk of my car that I'd consider sending over, as well as quite a bit of duplicates and items that I'm not interested in keeping. I may consider snapping some pictures and sending them over. Thanks!

NintendoTwizer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »

Just order a bunch of stuff.  Thanks for the games!

Collection Count
Console:  NES - 835  /  SNES - 727 /  N64 - 317  / NGC - 714
Handheld:  GB - 225   /   GBC - 223  /  GBA  - 233  / VB - 15
Other:  SEGA - 230   /  PS - 117   /   XBOX 28
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length