RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:46:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Modern Community Playthrough - Shadow of the Colossus 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: June Modern Community Playthrough - Shadow of the Colossus  (Read 36630 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »

Im liking this game so much. I kinda got carried away yesterday and took out colossi 5-10. 8 was the first one that I found to be a real challenge.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »

Yep, it's a very addictive and hard to resist continuing. I too am ahead, but won't say how far. Wink. I only ask that we limit the discussions to the colossi for the previous week in terms of spoilers.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »

Fair enough.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »

Thanks everyone, I will give it another go tomorrow Smiley  I haven't put down Suikoden so this gives me a reason.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »

Same here. I have been sidetracked by Suikoden and the fact that my son is off school for the summer and old enough to competently play some games. So if I am not watching him play, (or playing with him), and gaining a new perspective on gaming, I am sucked into the RPG. ha ha. I hope to set aside a few hours to get to the 8th colossi by week's end.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:09 PM »

Picking up after #4 
...and we still don't know what the hell is going on. I love it! One thing I don't love though is having to try 6 or 7 times to jump on the horse. It should auto-mount when you jump into it lol. 

Spoiler (hover to show)

I've been riding to the next of the colossi for a while now. The fields and paths are beautiful. I found a super tall structure I climbed but nothing was on it. The trees kind of obstruct your view when you look out from the top of it, which sucks. 

The horse (what's his name? Agro?) was such a boss, I jumped off a ledge he couldn't go down & called him. He took of bolting the opposite direction & 20 seconds later he was in the field with me! He's a badass. Also I jumped a ledge he was able to do & he starts running insanely fast when you land. He hit a wall after that & got pissed off lol.

Spoiler (hover to show)

I almost used a guide for 6 because the hint took forever to show up…these are getting hard LOL
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2014, 08:28:32 AM »

Same here. I have been sidetracked by Suikoden and the fact that my son is off school for the summer and old enough to competently play some games. So if I am not watching him play, (or playing with him), and gaining a new perspective on gaming, I am sucked into the RPG. ha ha. I hope to set aside a few hours to get to the 8th colossi by week's end.

Boshamp, let me just say this, "Your son will absolutely love watching you play SotC." He will think it is super bada#@.  My kids watch me play it and I can't wait to talk about their reactions to this game on the podcast.

Picking up after #4
...and we still don't know what the hell is going on. I love it!

I think that this is one of the most attractive features of the game. You are basically thrown into the middle of a story and have no clue as to what is going on. You have a horse, a dead girl, and a god-like voice telling you to kill big things to save this girl. It's fun to try to piece the story together as you go along, but I will say that you shouldn't expect to find out too much until the very end. I would like a little more, but at the same time, revealing more of the story is what pushes me to play.....doesn't hurt that this game is super cool. Smiley

Interesting that this game is the prequel to "Ico" (same developers), though Ico was released first. I considered doing both games this month, since Ico is even shorter and included in the PS3 pack, but thought better about it considering the length of Suikoden. I knew people would be very tempted to play both playthroughs this month.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »

Made it through the first four, man did #3 take a while! I tried the first level of this game back in college, and the HD version was pretty much as I remembered... Clunky controls and camera (but inverting the axes helped a ton!), beautiful character design, and no clue why I'm killing these things. This week I'll have to keep an eye open for some of these collectibles you guys are talking about, I probably would have gone the entire game without them if I didn't see that note in the thread.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »

It's been pretty quiet around here and I just wanted to check in to see how everyone is progressing. Is anyone having any trouble, or has everyone already secretly completed the game?

Also, just a little advice in in finding these "collectables" that theGrue mentioned above:
Spoiler (hover to show)

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »

Just tackled the 12th Colossus last night.
Spoiler (hover to show)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »

I am making a numbered list with descriptions of the colossi as I play through this game. We will really have to have our stuff together for the podcast. Ha!

I agree with #11 Mike. That guy is fast and trouble. If you get backed into a corner you can get trapped easily. I'm glad you brought this up because one that really bothers me about this game is how your character gets stunned. It takes FOREVER to get up and with bosses like this one, sometimes there is no way to escape as he pounds you over and over again until you're dead. I get that they are trying to keep the movements and characters realistic, but not having a change to right your situation is a little much.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »

I look forward to the podcast. I agree with you making a numbered list. I am plowing through this game rather quickly and not taking much time to smell the roses. This morning, Crabby told me how he liked the 10th Colossus, and I had to look up a video cause I had already forgotten which one it was. Really enjoying this game though. I played ICO years ago when it first came out and now, after this game, am in the "When does this Last Guardian game come out?"
camp.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »

.....now, after this game, am in the "When does this Last Guardian game come out?"
camp.

I know. Several people I know are salivating over that one. The fact that this game doesn't at least have a sequel is a travesty. Who wouldn't want to play another form of this game?

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »

I will probably agree when I finish, but I still need to see how the story concludes.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »

I have yet to find time to fire up this game but I shall soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length