RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:17:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Modern Community Playthrough - Shadow of the Colossus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: June Modern Community Playthrough - Shadow of the Colossus  (Read 37397 times)
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »

Bought the PS3 collection on sale a while ago, started Ico but never stuck with it, so I'm in!

I really should have gotten around to playing this sooner, since I have this awesome poster up in my gaming room:

[img width=350 height=482]http://i.imgur.com/ftKCFGd.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 10:28:11 PM »

Nice!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2014, 01:05:13 AM »

lol, that is a pretty sick poster

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 06:57:02 AM »

Started playing the PS3 version, and so far I have spent more time fighting the damned camera than colossi.

Took down first two in around 45mins, and am up to #3.  Have worked out/half-remembered his trick, namely...
Spoiler (hover to show)
...but I died in the process.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:25 AM »

#3 is the first puzzle where you have to use
Spoiler (hover to show)
to your advantage. I'm a big fan of this battle.

I'm playing on the PS2 and I'm not really having any issues when it comes to the colossi battles. The L1 button is a blessing and a great idea by the developers. However, the camera gives me quite a headache during the rest of the game, especially when trying to track down the silver-tailed lizards on those temples.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 08:24:21 AM »

Which is the third Colossus? The sword guy?

I have only used L1 for Avion. It helps with positioning and timing my jumps. Other than that I feel like the camera lock-on doesn't help me much.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »

I think it helps a ton when you are doing a lot of running around or riding your horse. It's especially helpful to get a view of what's going on behind you in terms of dodging oncoming attacks. Some colossi also disappear for a short time and come back. L1 works well in locating them when they pop back up.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:45 AM »

@Fleach: Yep, sword-guy.  Found that L1 meant that the sword was off-screen.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »

im having issues, im trying not to not use a walk through, so never-the-less I have died alot on the first colossi, any hints ?

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 09:08:11 PM »

im having issues, im trying not to not use a walk through, so never-the-less I have died alot on the first colossi, any hints ?

While he is walking around (this goes for every colossus) aim your sword at him, the light will point to the weak spot, then find a way there.  You have to "encourage" him to lower himself.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »

Changing the controls to normal was a must for me. Once I figured out that was the problem it's been a lot better. Some of these guys were really pissing me off, especially the third one. I like how it just throws you in mid-story and doesn't give you any background on the Colossi or anything.

Seems like everything about this game is big. The world is huge, some of the pathways and whatnot are really long! I also like some smaller details they put in, like when you save at the stones and reload you're asleep against it. Or when you fall a long ways or get hit hard you don't jump to your feet, you may lay there for 5 seconds.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Also, anyone getting slight Ocarina of Time vibes riding the horse through fields? The stamina meter and climbing reminds me of Skyward Sword too. Loving the game so far. Pretty challenging, might have to switch to a junk controller incase I break one lmao

@douglie are you having trouble climbing? don't hold triangle unless you need to press it and you can actually stand on his back to regain stamina on certain spots
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2014, 08:07:14 AM »

If you are still having trouble on the first, I can help you with the strategy:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2014, 12:51:55 AM »

I am so in for this one.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2014, 01:06:42 AM »

I'm 3 Colossi in right now. The controls were clunky at first but now I got the hang of them. Also had my cousin help me get started which was a big help. I like how straightforward the game is now. Really great sense of adventure to it.
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »

I beat the 5th one last night. He's a lot of fun! Might do numero seis tonight. I'll post my thoughts on them a little later Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length