RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 12:22:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Submission: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 Lightning Edition) - Asian 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Submission: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 Lightning Edition) - Asian  (Read 1144 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« on: May 18, 2014, 01:45:16 AM »

I submitted a variation for Final Fantasy XIII a few days ago and it seems to be stuck in approval limbo whilst other variation submissions are approved with ease.  In support of my submission, here is some additional information:

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 Lightning Edition)
Included in the Playstation3 (250GB) Lightning Edition bundle (the LE white PS3 with Lightning artwork), and was released December 17th 2009 in both Japan and "Asia" regions. The contents for both are virtually the same, but with different regional markings (DVD region, GTIN, part numbers, ratings, etc).

The variant I am submitting is the Asian version game [BCAS-25002] which I listed as Taiwan since it uses Taiwanese rating system.  It is Japanese language (with Chinese/English operation sheet), and uses cover/disc designs exclusive to these bundles.  This version can get easily confused with the Japanese version [part number not known] which looks nearly identical, made worse by the fact that initial publicity for the asian Lightning edition had a completely different game cover.

Random youtube unboxing video:

My poor photography skillz:
[img width=388 height=367]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r534/Blood-Spattered_Angel/Collector%20Scores/lightningedition.jpg[/img]
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »

are you trying to submit it as a stand-alone game variation, or a hardware variation? because it should go under hardware if it was part of a bundle and not available otherwise, with all the info about the game itself being included as trivia with pictures in extra media
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »

Title has already been added to DB as a variant.

As for including pack-in titles as software or hardware, the DB already seems to include bundled copies of games as software (eg. Mario/Duck Hunt).
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »

Yeah... I don't agree with any of our policies on how pack-ins work, which is how they end up in the DB. We'll get it sorted out later in a Game Page redesign, as I feel they should have a page but no collection entry.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »

imo pack-ins shouldn't have their own entry, it should just be the entire bundle and leave it at that...someone could add that to their collection with a note saying "pack-in game only" in the text box.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length