RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 06:18:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | WTB NES console with or without a working 72 pin connector 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB NES console with or without a working 72 pin connector  (Read 1411 times)
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« on: May 05, 2014, 08:50:43 AM »

Recently, I started cleaning and detailing my entire collection (thanks to you guys), but when I was fixing my 72 pin connector I must've clipped a wire or something during reassembly because now my controller ports don't work.

So, I currently have a perfectly fine 72 pin connector, but no NES. Anyone got an extra laying around? If so, PM me. Also, I could probably use another controller too, but that's not necessary.

Thanks!

PS - I'm sure you all know how to fix a 72 pin connector, but I boiled mine to remove excess gunk after shifting the pins and it works flawlessly.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:19:02 AM »

No bites.

Anyone know what they are going for these days? I'm assuming most of them will be bundled with the wires and a controller or two. Most of them I see on eBay are roughly $40-$50 (including shipping)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:39 AM »

$40-$50 is pretty average that's what the stores around here sell them for bundled.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »

Do you still have the broken console? I may have parts to help you get it going again, but I don't think I have any whole systems.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »

Do you still have the broken console? I may have parts to help you get it going again, but I don't think I have any whole systems.
I have everything. To be honest, I'm not sure where it's broken, but the controller ports aren't working.

I studied the wires and didn't notice any rips or anything, but I'm certain I broke something because when I was putting it back together I was trying to force a part of the "metal shield" under where the controller port wires (I think) connect to the board instead of the shield going over that part.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »

I'd recommend pulling it apart and testing. You can just get the board out and plug everything into it to test. I'd check the pins on the main board connector for the controller ports to make sure nothing is bent or broken. If everything else is working either the controller port wires have a problem or it's the connector.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »

Thanks! I assume that I broke it, but it could've been messed up before that. I didn't use my NES for at least a year. I was using an FC Twin until a pin fell out of it! Now I know that FC Twin is a horrible product.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 08:14:09 AM »

The NES is pretty robust, so unless you broke a pin on the connector, you should be able to fix it pretty easily.

RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 12:53:53 AM »

Drop me a PM, I have a few systems laying around, maybe one will match your needs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length