RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:18:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Death on Bread 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Death on Bread  (Read 3569 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 05:58:35 AM »

I don't know about everyone else, but I care whether other people are fat because of the increased risk of diseases, and doctor's/hospital bills associated with getting sick.  The more fat people there are in this country, the more expensive it is to get health insurance. Its like car insurance; the more people that drive wrecklessly, the more expensive car insurance become for everyone.  

The thing other people seem to be ignoring in this thread is that people who are overweight not only die earlier, but have weight-induced diseases, like arthritis, much earlier than non-overweight people do.  So yeah, you gotta die sometime, but if you are overewight its not as if you will be dying happy.  

Not to mention that it has been shown that people who exercise regularly are not only healthier but happier than their non-exercising counterparts.  Running has been shown to increase levels of endorhpines, the bodies natural morphine, in the brain, while other exercise increases serotonin, a mood elevator and appetite suppressant.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 08:57:47 AM »

I'm well aware of the health risks but everything is a fucking health risk. We all gotta die sometime so why deprive yourself of what may be the little enjoyment you get? That to me makes no sense. When I die I'll die happy.

I can't even imagine how pathetic someone's life must be that they need food like this to improve it and be happy.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 11:25:55 AM »

MMMMM I want one of those!!!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 11:50:23 AM »

I showed my friend this thread and all he said was "HOLY SHIT! More fat than a Whopper i need one of those bad boys."

I suppose he will end up with one of these some morning soon.
I think all of us have to admit that this sounds like it would taste great.
It is just the unhealthynessthat is turning everyone off.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 11:51:45 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 11:57:33 AM »

I'm well aware of the health risks but everything is a fucking health risk. We all gotta die sometime so why deprive yourself of what may be the little enjoyment you get? That to me makes no sense. When I die I'll die happy.

I don't think there's anything glamorous about having strokes or living with diabetes, or even arthritis for that matter.  When I was about twelve, I knew a kid who was overweight.  He suddenly lost a LOT of weight very quickly.  Eventually he went to the emergency room and could have died.  Please tell me how happy his life will be with diabetes now.  Several emergencies have happened since, threatening his life.  I'm sure there will be more in the future.  If he doesn't "deprive" himself of certain foods, he will die.  He might not have had that problem had he not been overweight.

Or, take my aunt's two brothers.  (Not really my aunt anymore because I think my she and my uncle got divorced.)  Her two brothers were both severely overweight.  I can't remember exact numbers, but they were something like 600 lbs.  They did have some sort of genetic disorder (my aunt was huge too), but it was really out of hand.  Neither of them is alive today.  They both died before age 40 because of weight-related problems.

My grandfather was overweight, smoked, and drank heavily.  He died twenty years ago in his sixties.  My grandmother, on the other hand, is a normal weight and is still very healthy.  She is 80 years old.  Is she happy?  Yes.  I'd much rather be happy and healthy for an extra twenty years than die early or have to deal with many of the painful and/or life-controlling problems associated with being overweight.  

Sure, I have to die sometime, but if I'm happy, I'd rather it be later than sooner....  or at least not burdened by something like heart disease or diabetes (which would limit my food intake even more than the average healthy diet).

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 12:02:29 PM »

I showed my friend this thread and all he said was "HOLY SHIT! More fat than a Whopper i need one of those bad boys."

I suppose he will end up with one of these some morning soon.
I think all of us have to admit that this sounds like it would taste great.
It is just the unhealthynessthat is turning everyone off.

Oh it's one thing to try one, but eating that kind of food regularly (especially if you're not really active) is where the problems come in.  If my dad eats a fatty breakfast, it isn't as much of a problem for him because he's doing physical work all day and may not eat lunch.  If his brother did, however, it would be worse, because his brother sits in an office every day.

I for one might try one just to see if I die, but I definitely would not eat more than that.  I doubt I could even finish it, especially for breakfast.  They just sound soooooo disgustingly unhealthy.  When I eat something like that in the morning, my body just feels gross all day.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 07:09:14 AM »

Honestly, that sandwich looks tasty as hell.  Half the reason that I work out is so I can eat stuff like this and not be huge.  It might make staying in shape a little harder, but It's a trade off that I think is worth it.

Also, BMI is absolutley worthless.  According to that chart, Arnold Schwarzenegger is morbidly obese.  The BMI index doesn't take muscle tone into account when measuring peole.  I am 5' 10" and 195 pounds, so that would put me into the overwieght zone, almost into obese.  However, I can also bench 300 pounds.  I probably could stand to lose a few pounds,  but I am nowhere near obese.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 11:12:07 AM »

While you make a valid point, there are better sources for calculating BMI.  The online calculators take into account body type and other factors before calculating your BMI.  Also, this is meant to be more of a guidline.  Someone like the guvernator knows that he is (or was as the case seems to be) in shape, I don't think anyone could argue that he is overweight.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 02:48:13 PM »

Dude that sounds GOOD!!!!! That chart tells me I'm a healthy weight (didn't need it to tell me) so I'm gonna go get one or two and laugh at fat people. But really, all you need to keep skinny is to just move, lots.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length