RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:19:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Death on Bread 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Death on Bread  (Read 3576 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:11:45 PM »

The people at Burger King have really out-done the competition this time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7317259/

Breakfast just got a whole lot bigger
Burger King introduces two huge new sandwiches
Burger King

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 3:17 p.m. ET March 28, 2005

Burger King launched two new breakfast sandwiches Monday that are the latest weapons in an emerging race among fast-food companies to lure customers with bigger, fattier and more filling menu offerings.

Burger King's "Enormous Omelet Sandwich" features a two-egg omelet topped with two slices of American cheese, three strips of bacon and a sausage patty on a hoagie-style bun. At 730 calories and 47 grams of fat, it is even heftier than the company's famed "Whopper," which weighs in at 700 calories and 42 grams of fat.

The other new breakfast item, the "Western Omelet Croissan'wich," is a lighter pick with a mere 320 calories and 17 grams of fat.

Officials at Miami-based Burger King Corp. said that healthier choices are also available, but surveys showed customers wanted bigger sandwiches.

“By expanding our indulgent breakfast sandwich menu, Burger King restaurants now offer even more alternatives for our guests who want a convenient and filling breakfast,” said Russ Klein, Burger King's chief global marketing officer.

The omelet sandwich will stay on the menu at about $2.99, but the Western sandwich is in stores only until May 8.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:15:30 PM »

And we wonder why Americans are overweight...

- Zac
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:41:32 PM »

Well, everyone knows there is a weight epidemic going on in this country, but who cares, right?  We've earned it!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 06:15:30 PM »

Most definately we earned it.
If they make shit like this peope will buy it.
I do admit eggs bacon cheese and sausage sounds deicious. I would get one.
But i would not by any means make it a regular event one to try not to be breakfast everyday. As many people will end up doing.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 07:05:55 PM »

I think death on bread is a good name for it, but at least it isn't the instant heart attack that is the Hungry Man Meals.  What quicker way is there to cake your arteries (besides eating a bucket of lard) other than by eating one of those scrumptious meals?

As for Burger King's new offerings, I say so what. People have a choice to eat it, and they know the consequences, and there is a hefty tradeoff for eating one of those breakfast sandwiches. If people would only eat cherrios.....

Hello World.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 07:12:58 PM »

the next generation of children will be the first generation in the history of the US that will not have a longer average life span than their parents.....due to the obesity problem in the US

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 08:07:44 PM »

I wonder if that will actually happen....  It would be pretty pathetic if it does.

And, for the record, I do eat Cheerios - Multi-Grain Cheerios at that.  Those things are even more healthy than the regular kind.  They're tastier too!

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 11:32:21 PM »

If people cared less about what everyone else thought and ate what the fuck they wanted without feeling guilty they'd be much happier. I'm glad BK came out with them sammiches cause there are still Americans like myself that CAN eat that much food and not gain a pound. Boo fucking hoo America is overweight. So what? Why should the rest of us suffer. Why should overweight people deprive themselves of good (though potentially unhealthy) food just because they're overweight? Who's to say what's healthy anyway? One minute they tell you milk is good for you an the next they say it isn't. Nobody can make up their damn minds about what's good and what isn't. I can. I say if it tastes good eat it.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 01:06:28 AM »

Nobody will ever say being overweight is healthy and nobody will ever say that breakfast thing at Burger King is healthy. Comparing milk to a 730 calories deathburger doesn't even make a little sense.

And unhealthy food causes a whole lot more problems besides gaining weight.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 01:18:48 AM »

If people cared less about what everyone else thought and ate what the fuck they wanted without feeling guilty they'd be much happier.  

Yeah, until they get diabetes and have a stroke.  The more overweight a person is, the more likely they are to be prone to diabetes, heart disease, heart attacks, strokes, and much more.  Think it's just about being overweight?  Come on.  You totally missed the point.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 02:41:07 AM »

Why should overweight people deprive themselves of good (though potentially unhealthy) food just because they're overweight?

Here are a few pretty good reasons from the August 2004 issue of National Geographic (pg. 52):

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 03:34:53 AM »

Thanks for that graph Mike.
Now i want to continue working out even more.
I feel so out of shape.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 03:50:49 AM »

Yeah me too.  I'm thin, but pretty much just skin and bones.  I have absolutely no upper-body muscle, and have lost a lot of what I had in my lower body.  I ought to start running again, or get back into cycling (and stick with it this time).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 03:51:56 AM by admin » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 04:48:26 AM »

well based on that chart you can count me in the danger zone. according to the chart my max healthy weight for my height is 170 lbs. I haven't weighed that since freshman year of high school. I know I need to loose weight but 170 is silly.

I wouldn't say I'm in great shape but I'm no blob either. where I do notice the weight is in my legs. the extra bulk is rough on my knees an ankles. especially when I play hockey with all the quick stops, starts and change of direction.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 04:49:17 AM »

I'm well aware of the health risks but everything is a fucking health risk. We all gotta die sometime so why deprive yourself of what may be the little enjoyment you get? That to me makes no sense. When I die I'll die happy.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length