RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 10:19:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | blog draft errors and weird un-userfriendliness 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: blog draft errors and weird un-userfriendliness  (Read 3584 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »

ok so first the wall of errors, then i'll put the user friendly issues in a reply. these happen when i hit "save article", but it still saves it fine:

Code:
Strict Standards: Non-static method HTMLPurifier_ConfigSchema::define() should not be called statically in /home/rfgene2/public_html/PHP/classes/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DoctypeRegistry.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Non-static method HTMLPurifier_ConfigSchema::instance() should not be called statically in /home/rfgene2/public_html/PHP/classes/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/ConfigSchema.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Non-static method HTMLPurifier_ConfigSchema::define() should not be called statically in /home/rfgene2/public_html/PHP/classes/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DoctypeRegistry.php on line 18

Strict Standards: Non-static method HTMLPurifier_ConfigSchema::instance() should not be called statically in /home/rfgene2/public_html/PHP/classes/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/ConfigSchema.php on line 108

edit: there's literally like 50+ more errors of exactly the same nature but i got a 500 internal server error when i tried to post them all at once
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »

now for the user friendly issues:
 - the drafts should really be easier to find, either a link along with the rest of the blog menu links or in a separate table under edit instead of a link above the list of published blogs.
 - why do the draft previews show under a randomly picked user's blog instead of my own?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »

The last answer I can give immediately:
Those drafts are showing up due to the data loss we had back in January 2013. Those are old blogs that we never recovered.

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »

Looks like we're running a very old version of an external component called HTMLPurifier, which probably doesn't get along nicely with the new version of PHP on our server. I'll have to try to track down everywhere we use it and see how easy it'd be to update to the current version, or if any of the other devs have some more familiarity with it they're welcome to as well.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 08:54:42 PM »

Oh crap, that's right... we updated PHP. There are going to be A LOT MORE components that broke, since the standard for PHP changed between the update. I still need to figure out what's broken due to that, but there are going to be a few collection tool items that won't play nice. I had a list of them going, but I can't find it now.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:42:53 AM »

The last answer I can give immediately:
Those drafts are showing up due to the data loss we had back in January 2013. Those are old blogs that we never recovered.

it wasn't actually the other user's drafts though, it was my own writing showing as posted by me, but previewed on the blog page of someone else.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 07:35:28 AM »

That's what I'm talking about - sorry. The IDs in the preview are screwed up, and are showing other blogs.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »

I previewed a draft i had saved and every time i checked it i got to see Tondogs blog.

Tech never did confirm if it was the same for him though.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 09:02:07 AM »

Whenever I preview a staff blog, it's a different blog. It's just the blog that's stored at that ID - when you publish, it publishes yours in its place.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »

- why do the draft previews show under a randomly picked user's blog instead of my own?

I may be thinking of something different, but I think this has been the case since day 1 of the blogs. Its just the way Dave was able to work in the ability to preview a blog. I think it has to do with it needing a number ID, but since you're not publishing yet, it can't give you a new one yet, so it throws out a random one for the preview and then updates with a new one when its published.

- the drafts should really be easier to find, either a link along with the rest of the blog menu links or in a separate table under edit instead of a link above the list of published blogs.
I think the whole blog system could use a facelift, but its pretty low on the priorities list.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »

on the home page this time not blogs but similar looking errors:

http://i.imgur.com/BtXzrnt.png
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 05:39:36 AM »

Yeah, that's a permissions issue for everybody. Not harming much atm.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »

looks like it's working normally now!

i was still able to login with the full login page anyway so it wasn't that big a deal but just a slight nuisance
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 12:01:11 AM »

Greetings,

ok so first the wall of errors, then i'll put the user friendly issues in a reply. these happen when i hit "save article", but it still saves it fine:

Code:
Strict Standards: Non-static method HTMLPurifier_ConfigSchema::define() should not be called statically in /home/rfgene2/public_html/PHP/classes/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DoctypeRegistry.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Non-static method HTMLPurifier_ConfigSchema::define() should not be called statically in /home/rfgene2/public_html/PHP/classes/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DoctypeRegistry.php on line 18

edit: there's literally like 50+ more errors of exactly the same nature but i got a 500 internal server error when i tried to post them all at once

I received the wall of errors when I attempted to save-and-publish a blog earlier tonight. I then scrolled down, and all the text in the News Body field had disappeared.

I re-entered the blog text, I tried to just Save, but the same wall of errors appeared, and the News Body text box was blank again.

I haven't had any trouble with preview post, though.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »

This isn't a big deal, but it may be related, but having an apostrophe in the tags section of a new blog entry gives a "The validation of the submitted fields have failed. The description field can be alpha-numeric and also can contain spaces and most forms of punctuation. The publish date field must be of the format YYYY-MM-DD. Make sure that these fields contain the valid characters in them and then resubmit the form " error. I don't know if this has always been the case or not though, I don't usually use apostrophes in the tag section.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length